Chapter 67

Today I woke up feeling good up until the memories from last came like a slap in the face and I grunted in annoyance remembering the things Bucky told me.

I didn't want to dwell on it so I just got up and went downstairs to eat breakfast with everyone.

"Morning."

Everyone said morning to me except for Bucky of course which at this point didn't come as a surprise. He stopped saying good morning to me like four days ago and it came as shocking to me as it did to everyone else.

I remember the first time when he didn't, everyone looked at him and me. He didn't seem dazed as he continued eating but I felt like someone punched me in the gut as dramatic as that sounds. He's just someone who always says morning and smiles at me throughout the whole time we eat.
The only time he did pay attention to me was about three days ago when the team asked me what I did about Cole and I told them I had broken it off with him, that it was for the best.

Buck locked eyes with me for a second looking at a loss for words..thought? Everything, he just looked like he didn't know what to say or think. I was hoping after he found out he would be glad and we could have like a mini celebration about it like binge-watch criminal minds again, but now he didn't say a thing to me that day like I didn't say a thing to him.

"So do you guys know the plan for today's mission? Tony won't tell me, " I ask sitting down to eat.

"You're coming?" I hear Steve ask with a worried tone as I look up to see everyone look at me seriously even Bucky which was a shocker.

"Yeah, Tony asked if my leg was good enough and I told him it's like barely sore anymore which is true so he's letting me tag along."

"I don't know if that's a good idea, " Nat said next to me.

"Well, it's fine with Tony so I guess we'll just have to wait to see what he'll have me doing, " I say optimistically smiling eating my pancakes.

They all move on looking disapproving of course but continued to talk about other things before I walked off to head up to find Tony.

The elevator door opened and as I was going to take a step forward someone grabbed my arm and pulled me inside pressing the elevator door button closed. I look up to those blue eyes that were looking at me very disapprovingly not even ten minutes ago.

"Hey, " I say annoyed yanking my arm from him. He looks annoyed and upset clearly.

He doesn't say anything, he keeps looking at me and back at the elevator doors until they close.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"Excuse me?"

"What do you think you're doing going on the mission?" He says rephrasing his last sentence.

"Um..my job. Helping out... it's kinda what you do when you're an Avenger, " I joke annoying him more seeing how very serious he's taking this.

"What if you get hurt. There's no way you can go on the mission it's not safe for you, " he argued.

"Oh what so now you care, " I say pushing him away feeling irritated now.

Is he about to tell me what to do after avoiding and lying to me?

"What?"

"Oh please! Don't act like you haven't been avoiding me this past week and a half."

"I- I haven't I told you-"

"That you with Shuri? Yea I bet. Just save it, Tony already told me you were only with her once this week, " his face drops.
"So please just save the lies, " I tell him with a dead-serious expression as he stands there at a loss for words before I walk out as soon as the elevator door opens.