Chapter 57

After my talk with Tony, I went to look for Bucky and he was outside. I asked him what was wrong multiple times and he told me he was tired and when I kept pressing because I knew that was a lie, he told me he was just upset that we only had a week left, that we wouldn't be together alone and open like how we are.

I hugged him and although I didn't fully believe him I let it slide not wanting to push further and ruin our moment.

It's now Thursday and Bucky has still seemed pretty upset that we're going to leave. He just hasn't been as happy and in a good mood as he used to before we found out we were leaving soon.

However today I woke up to a rose on my nightstand and Bucky was nowhere in sight.

I grabbed it and carefully got into my wheelchair, making my way to the kitchen.

I'm really getting tired of being in the wheelchair. I wouldn't mind having to use the crutches for a while.

"Hey," I say coming up to him shirtless making breakfast.

"Morning."

I haven't even taken in how strange it is to see him cooking all the time. I don't mind it of course but I've never seen him cook before we showed up so I was pretty surprised to learn how good he is at it.

"Smells good."

"Why thank you."

"I saw the rose...I loved it thank you," I say with it in my hand lifting it as he looks back from cooking and smiles.

He places the eggs he finished making on two separate plates and adds the bacon he made.

"Thanks," I say admiring how good they look. Perfect because I'm starving.

"I want to talk to you about something," he said making me tense a bit.

It's never usually a good thing when someone wants to talk to you about something.

"Ok?"

"I was thinking of doing something nice today since it's kinda our last full day here. I know I haven't exactly been in the best mood this week and I just wanted to do something and forget about the fact that we're leaving tomorrow. That is...if you want to."

"Of course I would love to, but what are we going to do? We're like in the middle of nowhere. The only thing nearby is the stores."

"Well.."
he says placing his hand over his mouth as he finishes chewing the food he's eating.
"You know how last week I was gone for a long time, like longer than usual and you got upset because I was gone long and you thought something had happened?"

I remember that day clearly, he was gone for over half the day and he didn't have a phone for me to call him which made me worry even more. When he got back I was so relieved that he was fine but also upset that he didn't tell me where he was going or tell me where he went.  He claimed he got lost but I didn't believe him.

"Yes..yes I do."

"Well, I was actually exploring."

"Exploring?"

"Just to this-this place and that's also why I went out yesterday for a walk," he says putting air quotes over a walk.

"You went back?"

"Yep and we're going today."

I remember how yesterday he went on a walk, a longer one than usual. Part of him seeming off and acting differently is that he's been going on walks. I don't ask to join because I can tell he wants to be alone and we haven't exactly had a chance to be alone separately so I thought I would let him take his time for himself to walk but yesterday he did take a bit longer.