Chapter 17

The next day I avoided Bucky as much as I could. It was pretty hard since I had to be in the conference room the whole morning after eating and working out alone for once with him sitting across from me.

"So now that you guys know the plan this is where you guys will be going," Tony says pulling up the location to a bar that wasn't too far away.

The address looked familiar until I looked closely at the bar. It was the one Cole was managing.

"That's the bar we're going to?!" I ask feeling panicked.

"Yes, is that a problem?" Tony asks as I look around at everyone's eyes on me.

"N-No I just- I heard it's really cool there," I lie and look away. Shit I hope he's not there tonight. I mean he knows I'm an Avenger already but this mission was a little last minute and I haven't had time to tell him so I don't want him to blow my cover.

"Okay well it's supposed to be a big night at the bar tonight which is why your outfits will be a bit more flashy then if you were going on a regular night. Jane you can go with Nat and Wanda later so they can help you get ready with your wig and your outfit as well as your makeup."

"Okay."

"Bucky you can go with Sam and Steve who will give you your outfit and help you do your hair."

"Um can't we just get ready ourselves?" I ask feeling like it was somewhat unnecessary.

"I mean yea but I want you guys to get it right and we can't have you guys looking like...well like yourselves. We don't want to risk you both getting recognized."

*****

I decided to take a shower and relax a bit before I started to get ready. I sat laying down on the bed thinking about what happened last night.

𝒻𝓁𝒶𝓈𝒽𝒷𝒶𝓍𝓀~~~~

"ℐ𝓉'𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝒻 ℬ𝓊𝒸𝓀𝓎?! ℐ𝓂 ℴ𝓋ℯ𝓇 𝒽ℯ𝓇ℯ 𝓌ℴ𝓇𝓇𝒿ℯ𝒹 𝒶𝒷ℴ𝓊𝓉 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝒹ℯ𝒸𝒾𝒹ℯ 𝓉ℴ 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝒽 ℴ𝓊𝓉 ℴ𝓃 𝓂ℯ?! ℐ 𝓂ℯ𝒶𝓃 𝓇ℯ𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝒸ℴ𝓊𝓁𝒹'𝓋ℯ 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓉ℴ𝓁𝒹 𝓂ℯ-"

ℐ 𝓰ℯ𝓉 𝒸𝓊𝓉 ℴ𝒻𝒻 𝒷𝓎 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝒾𝓅𝓈 𝒸𝓇𝒶𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓰 𝒾𝓃𝓉ℴ 𝓂𝒾𝓃ℯ. 𝒯𝒽ℯ 𝓀𝒾𝓈𝓈 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓁𝒾𝓀ℯ 𝒽ℯ 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓁ℴ𝓃𝓰𝒾𝓃𝓰 𝒻ℴ𝓇 𝒾𝓉 𝒻ℴ𝓇 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉ℯ 𝓈ℴ𝓂ℯ 𝓉𝒾𝓂ℯ. ℐ𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓈ℴ𝒻𝓉 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓃ℯℯ𝒹𝓎.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I groan at how I let it come to this. I didn't think he felt like that towards me. I care about him so much but I don't think I could possibly be anything more than friends.

I groan in frustration not wanting to think about it any longer. I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in," I say as Wanda and Nat walk in with an outfit for me to wear, my wig and a bag I'm sure I'll end up finding out what's inside of soon.

"Hey J!" I hear Wanda say.

"Hey."

"Why so glum?" Nat asks.

"I'm just tired and nervous of course."

"It'll be fine," she says. "Well let's get started."