Chapter 55

We ended up passing out on the couch talking and I woke up early with bad neck pain from sleeping wrong.

I wake to the sun shining in all directions. This is worse than my big window being open in the morning letting the sun in my room.
At least then I could ask FRIDAY to close the blinds with just my voice.

I try to sit up but feel the pain in my leg as I turn and then feel the pain from my neck. I whine in discomfort hating that now not only do I have pain from my broken leg but now from my bad neck. I'm for sure going to sleep in one of the rooms tonight, I'm not risking making the pain worse by sleeping one more night on this godforsaken couch.

"Hey," I hear Bucky say in his deep morning voice.

"Hey," I squeak out trying not to sound in pain.

It didn't work as he tried to look at my face with written all over his.

"What's wrong?" He says trying to look at me as I turn away trying to hide my face.

"N-Nothing I'm good," I say in a high-pitched voice.

I'm never good at lying when I'm in pain or feeling emotional. My voice starts to get high-pitched. Tony would never be fooled, he would either hug me until I told him what was wrong or if it was really bad he'd just hug me.

"No you're not, look at me," he says turning my chin to face him.

I wince in pain as he lets go looking cautiously at me all over as if to see if I had some sort of bruise I was hiding.

"I slept wrong," I respond pouting. "And my leg hurts," I say scrunching my face in pain.

He just runs his hand over my hair looking hurt from watching me in pain.

"Don't worry I'm sure they'll be here any min-"

As if on cue we hear a loud noise of wind picking up,
we then see the trees outside shaking violently.

"What'd I tell ya," he says smiling back at me.

He gets up and I grab my phone from the table nearest where I left it. I check the time and I'm shocked to see it's barely six in the morning. The sun is peaking pretty early for six in the morning, maybe because we're in the literal woods in a cabin.

I watch as he opens the door and steps out to talk to the people here. I wait a bit until they all enter. It was a woman and a man coming in that I've never met before.

"They're going to check your leg," Bucky says.

I simply nod feeling anxious and hoping they don't mess with it too much because I'm in pain.

Bucky goes across the room to the kitchen and sits at the counter letting the medics I presume look over my leg.

"Hello Miss we're just going look over your leg and ask you a few questions to see if we need to remove it and check it more thoroughly or if you're okay," the woman says.

"Thank you..." I say waiting for her to tell me her name.

"Regina and this is Thomas," she says placing a hand on the man's shoulder.

He smiles at me before grabbing all they would need to remove the cast if it came to it.

**

After a while of having me move my leg around and asking what had happened, how I felt, they told me I was fine and just need to rest.

"All right we'll everything looks fine, you probably just hurt your leg a bit from the falls but nothing too damaging. You'll be fine," she says smiling taking her equipment she didn't use back to the helicopter I presume.