Chapter 6

"I can't believe you did that," I finally said as we walked into the building.

"Did what," I heard as I turn to see Sam who walked in.

"Sam!"

"Hey little Stark!" He said hugging me back as I go rush into a hug.

I know I said I'm pretty close to Steve but I can't tell you how many times I've gotten drunk and pulled some funny pranks with Sam. I could always talk to him about anything that I was always so worried to tell Steve or Tony about and he gave me the best advice. I haven't seen him in a while either so I'm like over the roof that he's here for the party, I didn't know he was gonna be here.

"Hey Sam," Stacey says hugging him with a smile on her face.

"So what can't you believe?" He asks me.

"Oh god you'll never believe who I bumped into?!"

"Who girl? Tell me!" He said impatiently.

"I bumped into Cole."

"Oh shit really? What did you say?"

"Well I just said hey and he told me he moved back here a while ago and then he asked me if I wanted to go out and eat with him soon but before I could even answer Stacey over here answered for me and invited him to the party for me," I said looking at her with narrowed eyes as she smiles like she did me a huge favor.

"Alright!" He says raising his arm to high five her.

"What?!"

"J it's about time you got out there and dated or something. When's the last time you were with someone?"

"Well I guess...Cole."

"Well then it's not really a new start but hey maybe you can score," he said winking.

"That's what I've been telling her!" Stacey says high-fiving him back.

"Where did you guys even get "Score" from?"
I said walking past them not really wanting an answer heading up to my room to shower and get ready as Stacey followed not to far behind.

****

Not too long after the party had started and Stacey and I were finishing getting ready.
I wore a dark navy blue dress with some beige open toed strap heels.

My make up was pretty light nothing too dramatic but definitely noticeable of course

"Wow," Stacey said from behind me.

"Do I look good?" I asked genuinely concerned I look ridiculous.

"Well of course you do!"

"Thanks, so do you!"

"Oh I know," she said with a devilish smirk.

I ended up curling my hair in the restroom. It's always been dark brown and I don't like it much anymore, at this point I fee tired of it but I haven't had the courage to change it up or anything. I've contemplated dying it completely lighter or with highlights but again I've always been somewhat worried it'll turn out horrible so I don't even bother.

"Ready?" Stacey asks from outside the restroom clearly ready to head out.

"Yep," I say finishing up and shutting the lights as we head out to the elevator to head down to the party.

"Has he texted you or anything? You gave him your number right?"

"No he hasn't and yes you were literally right there," I say as I press the elevator button to head downstairs to the party awaiting.

"We'll what are you gonna do now that you set me up with Cole?"

"I don't know I'll figure something out. I'll just walk around maybe talk to someone..maybe..."

"Don't say cap," I said as the elevator doors open.

"Fine," she said with a groan.

We stepped out and passed the hallway to walk into where the party is.
There is music playing loudly and people all around talking and drinking, god I could use a drink right now.

I scan around trying to find Tony to tell him Cole is coming because I never actually mentioned it to him.
As I continue to look and don't spot him anywhere I finally get a text from Cole.

Cole: hey I'm outside, mind letting me in? :)

"Shit, hey Cole is here I gotta go let him in."

"Alright we'll I'll see ya later," she says winking at me with a big smirk.

"Yea yea," I say walking away toward the front to let him in.
I was making my way to the front until I bumped into no other than Bucky himself. I'm not surprised to see he wasn't wearing a suit like every other guy here. He was wearing a leather jacket and his basic black pants and black shoes.

"Bucky!?"

"Hey,"he said softly looking at me shocked.
Did I dress too revealing? God I probably look ridiculous.

"I didn't know you'd be here."

"Really?" He asked with his eyebrows lowered like confused and somewhat offended.

"Oh no I mean cause of Tony I assumed he would kill you or whatever," I said laughing as he softened his expression.

"Well Steve sorta convinced him to let me be here although it's not really my scene."

"Yeah I can see," I said with a short laugh as we just stand staring at each other.

"You look nice," he said with a soft smile.

"Aw thank you," I said smiling back.
I was going to ask him how everything has been going since I hadn't really seen him at all around until I got a notification on my phone.

Cole: Jane?

Cole: I'm out front.

Cole: Jane?

"Shit," I silently curse to myself before turning my phone off.

"Sorry I really should get going someone is waiting for me outside so I should probably go get him," I said with a short laugh as I look back up at Bucky who staring very intensely at me as I turn my phone off.

"Alright," he said in a monotone voice.

"Well I'll see you later," I smile at him one last time before he nods to me and I walk off.

I make my way to the front finally to see Cole standing outside in a nice button up outfit with his hair slicked to the side looking down at his phone probably still texting me.

"Hey," I finally breath out as I almost lost my breath from rushing to go get him before he bailed.

"Hey," he says smiling.
"You okay? You took some time and you sound tired," he asked as I opened the door for him to walk in.

"Yea I'm fine I was just kinda running late with getting ready you know," I said with a big smile as I let him in and close the door behind me.

"Wow," he says looking around at the building and all the people that attended so far.

"Yep, come on I'll show you around."

"Okay," he said taking my hand that I held out to him.