Chapter 21

I called Stacey over to talk and she's been with me for most of the part watching movies while I tell her what happened this past week.

"So how's it been going with Cole?" She asks.

"It's okay," I say blatantly.

"That's it?"

"We'll I don't know we've barely been hanging out for a bit."

"Yeah but you guys have like known each other for like the longest time."

"True."

"Don't worry maybe it's just strange because you guys haven't seen each other in years. Some people click after years of not seeing each other and others don't. They need more time, maybe that's what you need."

"Yeah maybe."

"Just give it time, it might be better than you expect. Plus I want you to be happy with someone," she says smiling.

"Thanks," I say smiling back.

I wish I could tell her the truth but for my own safety and hers it's best I don't.

"We'll I should probably get going. It's getting late,"
She says.

I walked her out and after headed to get a snack in the kitchen.

"Damn," I say seeing we don't really have much.
I should go grocery shopping.

I head upstairs and decided to go quickly and get some food, maybe I could stop by Krates.

As I'm about to head out with my bag and car keys to one of Tony's cars I'm stopped by Bucky.

"Hey," he says looking down at me as I struggle to get my shoe on that I sorta just threw on without properly putting them on.

"Hey," I say bending down and fixing it. "How's your wound?"

"Better thanks to you," he says smiling.

"Don't mention it, that's good though," I say as I stand up straight looking straight at him now.

"So...Where you headed?"

"Grocery shopping, we barely have food. If I didn't notice we would all have starved," I joke.

"It's pretty late."

"Yea but I'm kinda tired of being inside. Wanna come?"

"To the store? I don't know...I don't think I should really be out."

"Oh come on you're not a prisoner here," I say pulling him with me.
He doesn't fight it and comes with me as I grab one of the car keys in the garage to go to the store.

I ended up taking one of Tony's less expensive cars and drove us to the store.
We got there and I parked the car waiting for him to tag along.

"Woah," he said looking at the big supermarket.

"Yep," I say continuing walking until I noticed he's not following me. "What's wrong?"

"Uh-My arm...I can't risk being seen like this."

I mentally facepalm completely forgetting about his metal arm. I realize I'm wearing a pretty oversized black sweater. I take it off and hand it to him.

"Here," I say as he looks at he unsure.

"N-No I can't take your sweater. It's cold and you'll freeze."

"Oh come on it's just while we are inside," I say throwing it to him as he catches is and I walk off into the store.

I hear him sigh in defeat as I continue to walk away holding back a laugh.