Chapter 63

Cole took a bit to get back and when he did I asked him what had happened.

"Hey..did you get lost on your way back?" I question with a chuckle.

"Oh no, I'm sorry I had a friend with a dilemma call me, I couldn't ignore him," he whispers back.

"No I get it," I say smiling back.

We all just chatted a while more until Cole started asking about their missions and how that's like. No one found it weird although Steve looked cautious with what he was saying and alert.

"So did you guys end up finding out what had happened with the men who attacked my bar?"

Everyone went silent for a second.

"Yes we did, we handled it," Steve says with a fake smile obviously lying.

"Really?" Cole asks with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah we found them and put a stop to their plans, no need to worry, " he said sounding very superhero-esk.

"Oh I'm not," he says as everyone looks at him now. "I just-I have confidence in all of you. I'm sure you guys did great, you're all amazing at what you do."

Steve just nodded to him as we changed the subject to how good I was doing. Everyone praised me and said I was doing great as an Avenger. Even Bucky mentioned how fast and flexible I was which...I bet you can imagine the tension a bit after that comment and his cheeky smile.

The dinner didn't last too long anymore as it started getting late and everyone had finished their food

"I should get going then," Cole says getting up.

Everyone says goodbye and mentioned how they hoped they'd see him again, apart from Bucky of course.

"I'll see you later than man," Cole tells Bucky.

"Yeah..we'll see." You could cut tension as they stared at each other intimidatingly with forced smiles shaking hands without letting go.

"Ok! I'll walk you out," I tell him breaking it up.

"Alright," he says as they finally let go and I walk him out.

I walked him back out to his car.

"I had a great time with your..team?" He asks for clarification.

"More like Family."

"Family. I had a good time eating dinner with you all."

"Me too."

He comes over to kiss me and I turn my cheek quickly.

He looks caught off guard but goes along with it before stepping back.

"I'll see you later Jane."

"Bye Cole."

He leaves and I head inside to see everyone cleaning up apart from Clint and Thor who are sitting on the couch.

"That's was nice, he seemed great. Not to mention those stories of yours..you were one crazy girl," Nat says.

"Yeah.."

I turn to see Wanda cleaning up looking at me and as I lock eyes with her she looks away quickly. Yeah, she knows something, but I can't ask her right now.

I help clean up and noticed Bucky wasn't around anymore.

He must've been tired.

I went to sit down on my couch as half of them went to bed. It was now just Tony, Steve, Thor, Pepper, and I.

"I liked him. He seemed nice," Pep said.

"Yeah I didn't think you were one to break into your school and trash the place," Tony said.

"Well it wasn't just us...there were a bunch of seniors there doing it so we thought it would be fun. It was just because it was the last day of school after that day."

"Still, you seem very lame sometimes I wouldn't think you'd do something fun like that."

"Yeah yeah, I get it, Tony."

We all chatted for a bit until Tony and pepper ended up going to bed and soon after so did Thor.

I was left alone with Steve and I thought now is the best of time as any to tell him about how I'm planning on breaking it off with Cole.

"So.."

"So?"

"What did you think of the dinner?"

"Jane.." he says sighing.

"What? I thought it went well."

"I-It did but I just don't know if you should break it off yet. He seemed..off."

"What? How? This is so stupid I thought he seemed fine and-" I stopped from rambling and tried to compose myself.

I'm not going to let him continue to have me in a relationship I don't want to be in with a person I don't like, at least not the way he likes me. I'm starting to feel like Steve wanting me to stay is more because of Bucky and I rather than Cole.
I stand up and take a deep breath before speaking again as he looks at me confused.

"I've stayed with Cole long enough and it's come to a point where I'm hurting him more by staying than leaving. He has been nothing but normal so I'm sorry but I'm going to end it with him."

He doesn't say anything but he's definitely disapproving with his facial expression.

"I'm tired of being in a relationship with someone I don't care about the same way. I am also sure you are well aware by now that I'm with Bucky and I honestly don't care if you approve or not for whatever reason but I care about him and I'm done hurting him by going out with Cole. It isn't fair to him or me."

"Fine," he says sourly.

"Fine," I say standing awkwardly now.
"I'm going to bed."

He doesn't respond so I just walk away.

I felt guilty going up the elevator by the way I talked to Steve. I know he's only looking out for me but it's becoming ridiculous behavior to force me into something I don't want to be in when Cole has shown no sign of being strange. What happened at the bar? I'm not sure...maybe he is that dense. He hasn't acted weird with me however and I think it's safe to say the only danger going on is having him hate me for stringing him along.

I was about to open the door to my room when I dropped my phone from my hand. I went to pick it up and got yanked into my room. The door closed carefully but I was shoved against the wall as Bucky started kissing me violently.
His kisses were hungry and sloppy going from my lips at first to my neck as he started to pant.

"Is your leg okay?" he asks randomly now after pulling back seeming out of breath.

"It's a little sore why-"

Before I could finish my sentence he lifted me up by my ass and hurried over to my bed before dropping us both down on it.

I try not to laugh as I kiss him back. I tried my best to be quiet since it was pretty late. I wouldn't want someone hearing us, I don't want this moment to end so fast.