Chapter 40

This one is really short sorry but I hope you enjoy I think it's a cute chapter.

———————————————————————

The ride back was nice, although we didn't talk about what happened we just jammed out to music and talk about random things on the way back. When we got back Tony wasn't thankfully there and we went to eat in the kitchen before it was late.

"So why haven't you dyed your hair?"

"I don't know..I'm afraid it will look bad," I tell him honestly.

We talked about things we've never tried before and he says more crazy things than I did. Mine where pretty basic things like never traveling anywhere which is sad but true. I also told him about other things like how I've never been to a concert and now we are at the point where I told him I've never dyed my hair but I really want to. I'm just afraid it will mess up how I look, and I happen to think I look pretty decent so I'm not trying to make myself look worse by trying something like that.

"I'm sure that's not true, you'll never know till you try."

"Yeah I suppose," I say picking at my food that we were eating. Pepper made lasagna for us and left a note saying she had left on a date night with Tony which is surprising to me because Tony almost never had time to do that kind of stuff with pepper. Don't get me wrong, they do cute things like have lunch and spend time together when they can but I don't think I've ever seen him take anyone out on a date.

"What do you want to dye it?"

"Well..I wanted to get highlights or maybe dye it black if I'm that bold," I say chuckling.

My hair was pretty dark brown so I'm not sure how I would look with black hair and highlights just look really pretty on some people.

"I'm sure you'll look great in whatever color," he says smiling.

"Thanks," I tell him knowing I'm blushing a bit trying to avoid eye contact.

"I on the other hand would look amazing with black," he say all cocky with a smirk joking around.

"Ha I'm sure you would," I say giggling.
"Well I'm going to go to bed now, it's getting late."

"Yeah right," he says chuckling getting up looking at his watch.

"One of these days I'm going to get you a phone," I say with narrow eyes but with a soft expression.

"Wha-No..god no, and what made you think of that right now?" He asks chucking.

I love the way his laugh sounds.

"Well because you checked your watch."

He looks at me confused.

"And?"

"Well no one looks at their watch anymore, they look at their phone or at a clock but we don't really have that option."

I say since we are in the kitchen and it's pretty dark now.

"And why not?"

"We'll because yours is like super confusing, I don't know how to work that. You have too much stuff on their, a phone is supposed to be to just speak and now it's like smaller but yet it has a hundred things on it I- it's confusing," he says in a rush.

I burst out giggling as he watched me with narrowed eyes.

"Ok relax... I won't."

"Thank you," he says walking with me now to the elevator.

"Or not," I say quickly rushing into the elevator as he follows behind getting in right before it closes.

He's pushed up against me a bit smirking with his hand up against the wall since he rushed in and almost ran into the wall.

I can hear the his heavy breathing and he darts his eyes to my lips as I do the same to his. He inches closer to me but before anything could happen the door opens and we see Sam standing there. I quickly push Bucky away as Sam looks at us with his eyes widened a bit.
I look at the floor and realized I pressed the wrong button as I tried to get away from Bucky but failed terribly.

He comes in and stands in the middle of us as the door close and we start to move. I can already see the smirk on his face.

"So w-why where you here?" I ask him after clearing my throat trying to kill the tension as the elevator door closes and we go his floor first.

"Ah I was talking with Steve," he says looking at both me and Bucky who is now just staring blankly ahead.

"You guys have a goodnight," he says with a smirk as the doors open but not before patting Bucky on the shoulder.

Bucky just glared at him and he turns one last time to wave us goodbye as the doors close.

"What was that?" I ask as the doors finally closes.

"That..my darling was a close one," he jokes obviously not understanding my question.

I decide not to pry as the door opens to our floor finally.

"Well I should get some sleep," I tell him as we walk out getting close to his door.

"Yeah I should too, I have to work with Shuri," he tells me.

"Oh."

"I just mean- in case you wonder where I'm at tomorrow that's where... I'll be," he says sheepishly.

"Yeah I figured," I say chuckling causing him to smile.

"Goodnight Jane."

"Goodnight Bucky."

With that I go to my room to finally go to sleep.