Chapter 34

It was late in the day once Cole brought me back home. He took me out to eat and somehow managed to let the servers know it was my birthday which it wasn't, at least not anymore. I sat there feeling very embarrassed a bit as they sang happy birthday to me although I appreciated the sentiment. We also just went walking around Central Park and had a nice time catching up before it got late and he ended up taking me home.

"Thank you for today," I say smiling back at him.

"No problem," he says.

"Well I'd love to stay and chat some more but I should really head in it's getting late."

"Right," he says with a laugh. "I'll see you later Jane," he says with a bright smile as he gets into his car and drives off.

I make my way inside and went straight to bed.

~~~~~~~~~

It was around noon about two days later and I still hadn't heard from Tony or if he's coming back soon. I expected him to be back by now or to call me and let me know he was okay. He usually calls me when he's in missions unless they last like two to three days or are too dangerous for him to call me, since he doesn't know how long this one would be and the last time we talked was about two days ago makes me worry.

I've been running around the compound just doing work these two days besides working out with Bucky. It's been pretty odd with him but I feel like we both just agreed to act like what happened before never happened for the second time now. Wow I really need to figure out what's up with that.

I decided to stay in and read over my work that Tony left me that I hadn't finished. It wasn't a lot but I don't know when he's coming back and I want it to be done once he's here. I was in the middle of work when I got a phone call and I picked it up so fast hoping it was Tony!

"Hello?!"

""Heeey girl what are you doing?" I hear Stacey's voice chime in through the phone. I sigh and slouch on my bed seeing as it isn't Tony.

"Hey I'm just working."

"Ah well I just got off of work and I'm dead. Have you heard from Tony?"

"No. Why?"

"Well I wanted to know if Bruce was back."

"Oh right...no he hasn't called or anything."
I kept forgetting that they were a thing or whatever and I completely didn't think of her waiting for anyone on the mission. She didn't seem so worried for him though, maybe they needed Bruce and not 'The Hulk'.

"Hopefully he's fine," she said calmly not seeming at all worried. "Well guess what I got to do today?"

"What?"

"I got to show a newbie around and help them out."

"Well was that a good thing? Or was it hell?"

"Thankfully it wasn't, she understood my directions and everything, I just love when I show the newbies around. It makes me feel like a bad bitch," she says laughing a bit.

"That's great," I say laughing feeling happy for her.

Stacey had been working as a nurse at our nearby hospital. She went to study at college for it about a year after graduating high school and ended up getting her bachelors degree after 3 years or so and now she's at the hospital with a good job position as a nurse. Which is why she doesn't hang out with me much. That's also partially why I was surprised that her and Bruce were a thing when she seems so busy at times, he must really like her to make time and have patience with her busy schedule.