Chapter 83

Jane's POV:

"Longing..."

I hear Bucky whispering a bunch of 'no's under his breath closing his eyes trying to fight off whatever it is that's happening to him.

"Stop! Leave him alone!"

"Rusted...seventeen."

He starts to thrust harder in his chairs as the men desperately try to hold him down.

One of the men pulls out a metal bracelet from what it seems and places it on Bucky strapping him to the chair. He does the same with this other arm and his legs. Forcing him down now in the chair as he screams in pain.

I've never seen him like this. I'm fighting everything in me to not get up and probably get myself killed by trying to help him.

"Daybreak, furnace, nine..."

He's full-on screaming now trying to escape this eternal torturous prison he's in.

"Benign, homecoming, one..."

He lifts his head opening his eyes looking like he's in extreme pain. I watch the sweat pooling on his forehead as he fights to stay still in the chair.

"Freight car!"

His head lowers and the room falls silent. I look in utter confusion and worry.

"Bucky?"

Caden gestures for the men to back away as he walks up to Bucky.

Bucky looks up at him with the blankest expression I've ever seen.

"Soldier?"

"Ready to comply," Bucky says speaking in a language I've never heard him utter.

"Good," he unlocks Bucky's restraints.
"I have a mission for you soldier," he says stepping back and looking at me.

The way Bucky looks at me is something I've never seen before. He looks empty, gone.

"Buck?" I ask with tears in my eyes.

"Kill her."

My heart sinks and I start to panic. He looks back at Bucky who just keeps staring at me not saying a word.

"He's not going to kill me, right Buck?"

He just keeps staring at me while the room is silent before Caden pulls his arm back and slaps him across the face making me gasp.

"Kill...her," he says in a low stoic manner.

I start to panic as he starts getting up so I move my arms and get loose fairly quickly as I rush to undo my legs. As soon as my legs are free I get up quickly to make a run but he grabs me by the hair and turns me around.

I Yelp in pain.

"Bucky please-" I whisper.

He just stares at me and I don't know what hurts more, the grip he has in my hair or the fact that he's looking at me like he has no idea who I am.

All of a sudden there's a loud sound and we both turn and I see Tony flying in his suit.

Bucky is looking away so I take this as a chance to kick him in the groin and make a run for it.