Chapter 13

I walked out to find him waiting outside dressed pretty nice.

"Hey," he said looking up at me with the biggest smile.

"Hi," I said walking out towards him.

"You know I'm not used to...picking a girl up at a big ass tower," he lets out a breathy laugh.

"Yea believe me I've been told," I say laughing as well as we walk to his car.

We make it to the bar that according to Cole was pretty nice and they play some good music there too.
We got inside and ordered our drinks.

"So I never asked you what you've been up to?"

"Well remember how I told my my uncle ran his own restaurant?"

"Yea."

"Well he retired last year and asked me to step in as manager."

"Wow that's great!"

"Yea only it's not actually a restaurant."

"What? Then...."

"It's a bar..."

"Oh my god don't tell me? This is YOUR bar?!"

"Yep," he said with a proud smile.

"That's so cool."

"Well it isn't all show and tell. It can be very tiresome to run a bar let me tell you, but it's been really great," he says with the biggest smile.

"That's great! I'm so proud of you," I said honestly.

"Thanks that means a lot honestly."

"Don't even mention it, I'm just glad you're moving forward."

"Yea it just means a lot coming from you," he said.

We sat their silently until he started asking me all about what I've been up to and what I have been doing these past years he was gone. He told me about his new place he moved into considering his new job position. We even talked about old memories from high school and embarrassing moments. I was actually having a good time.

After our night out he drove me back home.

"I had a great time tonight," I told him as he walked me to the front of the building.

"Yea so did I," he said holding my hand.

"So maybe I can take you out again?"

"Yea that would be nice ," I said smiling back.

We didn't say anything, we just stood there staring at each other's eyes as he started leaning into me slowly. As his lips were only inches from mine and he slowly started leaning in to kiss me the door opened suddenly.

"Hey I- I uh I hope I wasn't interrupting," I turn to see Bucky looking shocked and upset as he continues to speak. "I'm sorry but Jane, Tony wants you upstairs like right now."

"Ok I'll be right up," I smile back at him before he nods and walks back in.

I just stand there feeling somewhat irritated at Tony's unnecessary invasion.

"Sorry um...well I should head in but, I am definitely looking forward to that second date," I say smiling.

He kisses me on the cheek before we say our goodbyes and I went upstairs in a rush wondering what could possibly be so important he had to ruin my little moment with Cole.

As I got upstairs I storm into his conference room which everyone was in as well.

"Alright what was so urgent you had to send Bucky to interrupt my...goodbye."