Chapter 35

I woke up early in the morning around ten in the morning and headed downstairs to eat breakfast before having to train with Fury.

When I walked into the kitchen downstairs it was pretty empty. The only people eating there was Bucky and Sam.

"Morning," I said heading to serve myself some cereal.

It would be smarter to eat something more like eggs and pancakes like I normally do but I just don't have the energy and I just want to get this training over with.

"Morning," they both reply back.

"Where is everyone?" I ask looking back at them as they eat their breakfast.

"They're with Tony and Fury in the meeting room discussing stuff," Sam said before eating a spoonful of his cereal.

"What kind of stuff?"

They both look at each other but don't answer.
Sam hesitates before nudging Bucky to continue on.

"Well- Tony is sort of talking to Fury about your...process here and how you're a good..asset to the team," he said with a forced smile.

"He's trying to convince Fury that I'm good enough to be an Avenger isn't he?"

"Uh-y-yeah..," Buck said looking down as they both stay silent after.

"I knew he wasn't just going to accept me as an Avenger that easily. I thought it was ridiculous when Tony said all he wanted was to see me train," I huff in frustration sitting down at the table across from Bucky and next to Sam as they both look at me sympathetically.
"I thought this was all sorted out with," I sigh before taking a spoonful of cereal into my mouth.

"Hey don't worry you're going to do great. He'll see how badass you are and accept you as an Avenger," Sam said placing his hand on my arm in a comforting way.
"If I didn't think you were ready, believe me I would tell you and Tony to make sure you weren't on the team."

"Wow..thanks," I say laughing at the way he worded it. Sam can be pretty blunt but I know he means well.

"No I mean-you know because then you could put others in danger, but I think you're definitely ready. You've been training for like a month and a half. Not to mention how you used to train with Tony before hand whenever he had spare time right?"

"Yeah," I smile remembering how Tony would take me to train with him on the days he was free. Around that time he also teached me other things like fixing up wounds which came in hand when he would show up from missions injured and when I had to help Bucky on my first mission.

"You see then I already know you will do great."

"Thanks you guys, you always cheer me up," I say finishing my cereal and getting up to put my plate in the dirty sink.

I normally wash my dishes but I needed to get dressed for my training.

"Well I'm going to get dressed."

"Alright we'll see you there," Sam said confusing me.

"You guys are coming?"

"Of course we are," Bucky said with a smile.

"We're all going to be there," Sam clarifies still leaving me lost.

"All?"

"The team- well Nat,Bucky, Wanda, Vision, and myself."