Epilogue

*4 weeks ago*

"You sure you wanna do this?"

"Yes."

"You know she'll only hate you more when she finds out you're alive."

I look up at Tony who looks pretty satisfied I'm leaving.

"I would've thought you'd be glad I'm doing this."

"Oh don't get me wrong, I want you out of here but, Jane...I don't know if it was the best way to go about it."

I suck in a breath trying not to think about that.

I keep telling myself she's probably glad I'm gone after everything but I know deep down she cares and I don't even want to imagine how she took the news.

I was about to respond to him when I heard a loud roaring in the sky and I look up to see the ship I'm supposed to take off in to Wakanda.

I turn back to Tony who's squinting his eyes looking at the ship landing.

"Just make sure she moves on. I want her to be happy."

"I do too," he says passive-aggressively looking back at me.

"Sargent Barnes! Are you ready?!" I hear Shuri call out to me.

I nod turning to Tony.

"I'm sorry for everything, Tony."

He just looks at me with a poker face.

I turn to walk off before he calls out to me again.

"Hey Barnes," I turn back at him.

"You're doing the right thing," he says with an impassive forced smile.

I simply nod before walking to the ship.

I climb on board as Shuri shuts the large door behind me and I then strap myself in ready to take off.

I can feel Shuri looking at me as I look out into the vast field of trees surrounding us.

Tony brought me here after I contacted him letting him know I was alive and planning to leave.  I wanted it to be far so no one would see or find us.

"This will be a new journey for you, you will see it is for the best," she says with a smile.

I nod back not saying anything.

There's nothing to say.

I don't want to act as if I like this and I don't want to sound ungrateful so it's best to say nothing.

We start to take off and all I think about is Jane as we get higher and higher.

I feel tears pooling in my eyes knowing I won't see her for a while or maybe ever again.

I hope she knows I love her.

I'm not even in Wakanda yet and I'm already homesick.

I just hope, one day I find my way home.

*

A/N: OMG THAT'S it!

Ahh, I'm so sad for this story to be over! I hope you all enjoyed it and if you're reading this far thank you because I have plans for a second story. I'm not sure when I will be releasing it. I need to figure out everything but if you enjoyed this story check out my other fanfics Im planning on releasing and give me a follow and I'll let you guys in on any updates on my possible second story.

For now, HAPPY MONDAY and I hope you enjoyed the story!

There will be a second book!