Chapter 76

I woke up to Bucky's arms wrapped around my waist. He seemed physically exhausted after everything last night so I made him sleep in my room with me.
He opposed at first but after he collapsed on my bed he wouldn't move, that was at least until I tried to get up and he wrapped his arms around me, to which we just ended up falling asleep like that.

I wrapped my arms around his tight, loving the feeling of waking up with him. It's nice.

He shifts slightly being awake now.

He kisses the top of my head before resting his chin on it. "Morning," he says in his groggy voice.

I turn to look at his tired face smiling bright back at him.
"Morning," I say kissing him.

"Who taught you that because I'll kill him," he says tiredly with eyes closed referring to what we did last night.

I laughed at his comment even though I know he's dead serious.

"No one."

He opens his eye looking at me plainly.

"Really?" He asks in disbelief.

"There are things I've done before...that last thing I did was not one of them," I tell him clarifying what I haven't done.

I hope he doesn't ask me further what I've done with who because it doesn't matter and I would feel like I'm slapping him in the face by telling him.

"Oh. Well, You have no idea what a relief that is."

I chuckle at his comment shifting a bit trying to get up now.

"No, stay..." he whines.

"I need to change out of these clothes and you need to get out."

He groans in annoyance and I go grab my phone to check the time.

I didn't even realize the text messages I've gotten from Cole and Stacey.

They have both been calling and texting me recently. Cole calls me to ask how I've been and then proceeds to text me because he wants to hang out while Stacey tries to apologize to me and calls me repeatedly.

They are both getting out of hand and I really need to talk to them.

I place my phone down and look back at my hand noticing how I still have my ring on. Have I had it on this whole time?

"Does this mean you accept?" I hear him say behind me next to my ear wrapping before his arms around me.
I lift my hand to caress his cheek before turning around.

"I want to accept but-"

"But?"

"I need to talk to you about something."

"About what?"

All of a sudden we both turn, hearing a knock on the door.

You've got to be kidding me.

I make him hide in my closet quickly to check who it is.

Once he's hidden I yell out, "come in."

The door opens to reveal Steve.

"You can come out," I say as Steve looks at me shocked.

Bucky walks out with the same clothes he had on yesterday and his shirt still unbuttoned.

Damn, I probably should've kept him hiding, I hope Steve doesn't get the wrong idea.

He looks annoyed as he watched Bucky emerge.