Chapter 58

We left pretty late and when we got back we both just ended up passing out in each other's arms immediately after getting into bed.

I woke up pretty late and Bucky was already up as usual making breakfast.

"Morning," I say.

"Hey, morning."

"I think I'm going to start packing after we eat."

"Okay."

I try to eat my breakfast while in my wheelchair but I'm too short while sitting so I have to grab it.

I eat it on my lap in frustration.

"What?"

"I'm sick of being sat on my ass. I can't wait till we get back and it's time I can take this off," I say lifting my leg carefully.

"You know you probably have to wear that for like another week and a half."

I groan in annoyance.

"I swear I can't do anything with this."

"Wow..didn't realize you wanted to get busy with me that bad," he says in jokingly disbelief.

"Haha very funny. You wish Barnes."

I start to eat my breakfast while he explains what they will probably do once I get there.

I started thinking about the team and my mind started remembering the last time I saw them. That's when I remembered what had happened before we left and everything went south.

"Oh my god," I say with wide eyes.

"What?" He asks looking concerned.

"I completely forgot about Steve! He saw us! We're going to have to talk to him and explain us."

"We'll be fine."

"I don't know, he seemed pretty upset and disappointed when he saw us," I sigh thinking about having to talk to him about it.
"I wish it didn't have to be like that. I wish we could be like we've been here, just us spending time together," I say losing my appetite.

"I know," he says sighing coming to sit next to me. He wraps his arm around me and kisses my forehead before leaning it on mine.

"Not to mention you'll probably go back to working with Shuri right away so that's another thing getting in the way of us hanging out."

"Hey," he says pulling away getting me to look him in the face. "Don't worry about it. We will figure it out."

That didn't reassure me all that much.

I didn't need to be with him all the time but at times I wouldn't talk to him much for a week or more at all due to him being with Shuri all week. He would just go to bed and I wouldn't want to bother him so we would rarely talk and after these past weeks, I don't know how I'll handle that now.

With my mind going in circles, it has me remember something or rather a 'someone'.

"I have to see Cole," I blurt out in frustration.

I throw my head in my hands groaning as he sighs.

"Okay that I'm not too fond of," he says getting up and going to serve himself his breakfast he has yet to eat.

"Don't worry when we have that dinner I'll make sure Steve sees he's not shady and I'll break it off."

"I hope so."