Chapter 48

Tony has been passing by a lot during the night having talks with Steve about something he's not telling me and because of it Bucky and I have had to get sneaky with talking.

It was around nine early at night when I got a little note slipped under my door.

Who do you think did it?

We have both been Binge watching Criminal Minds and we like to guess who we think is the killer or the person they are looking for.

Mmm maybe the old guy?

A while later I got a paper slipped back after around ten minutes.

Maybe...he seems really old though

You're pretty old..but you're really strong and hot

I sent him the paper and after a minute he responded.

I don't know whether I should feel offended or not.
Must you call me old..

I chuckle imagining his dramatic way of saying this. I do wonder if I sound too pushy calling him old at times but he doesn't seem to mind it, sure he jokes about it but I've grown to know when something actually bothers him and he doesn't ever seem to be seriously affected by it. At least I hope not.

I wrote back a note and headed down the hall about to slip it under his door until I heard Steve's door knob rattle. I quickly walked a bit making it seem like I just came from the elevator and to my luck the paper fell as I realized it was Tony.

"What's this?" He asks picking up the paper curiously.

"Oh that's just- uh a note! A note that Sam wrote me."

"Bird man?"he asks with an eyebrow cocked.

"Y-yeah we've been chatting about working out."

"Working out?"

"Mmhm."

"And this?"

He holds the paper I dropped from what I wrote down.

Yes I must ¯\_()_/¯

"Well I was asking if I really had to be the one to train with him. I asked him if he must be the one to train me a-and that's what he said," I say in a rush as Tony looks at me wary before handing me back the note.

"Ok..well just train with super soldier or Romanoff."

"Alright. I'll keep that in mind," I say smiling as he nods heading to the elevator.

I headed to my room at the same time and I was standing in front of my door ready to head in as the elevator door closed.

I raced to Bucky's room quickly and slipped it under quickly before scurrying to my room before I almost get caught again.

About ten minutes later I heard a knock on my door.

I opened it to see Bucky standing there with a smile.

"Oh god," I say releasing a breath I was holding.

"Close one," he says with a smirk.

I laugh and pull him in.

"What are you doing?"

"Tony doesn't pass by here twice we'll be fine," I say closing the door and then patting the bed for him to lay down and watch the show with me now.

He lays down next to me now holding my hand in bed.

"I should text Sam."

"Yeah before Tony gets to him."

I decided to call him instead.

"Hello?"

"Hey I accidentally almost got caught by Tony giving Bucky a note."

"A note?"

"Yeah and I told him it was you telling me that we had to work out when I didn't want to soooo long story short I won't be able to work out with you tomorrow."

"Who you working out with? James?"

I press my lips together almost bursting out laughing at the way he said Bucky's name.

"I am actually."

"Well have fun with that."

"Okay thanks."

"Thanks Sam," Bucky said a bit louder.

"He-he's there with you?"

"Yeah we're watching a show."

"You guys will be the death of me."

"K goodnight," I tell him hanging the phone up.

"We're not actually going to sleep right?"

"No."

"Good," he says turning to kiss me as he holds onto my face.

"I thought we were gonna watch the show," I say from the corner of my mouth as he continues to kiss me.

"We can watch later."

....

The next morning we were all eating breakfast normally talking about random things before Tony came into the room quickly.

"There's a mission in twenty, gear up and I'll explain on the way," he says walking away getting suited up I presume.

Everyone suddenly gets up and quickly rushes to get ready.

I look at Bucky who's still seated locking eyes with me looking equally as caught off guard as me. We both get up quickly though and get prepared to head out.

"Are you ready?" I ask excitedly.

"As I'll ever be," he says with a smirk.

I hurry and get suited up and start heading to the roof. I notice how Bucky was dressed in more thick clothes which I assume was to protect himself from potential shooting.

We all got on the quinjet quickly as Tony started babbling about what the mission was.

I was sitting across from Bucky and he just smiled at me.

He looked worried but I know he knows I can handle myself. I could tell the smile was a good luck smile, since I did realize that I wouldn't be along side him literally for every mission. We are most likely going to be doing our own thing so I can see why he's still not content with being here with me because regardless it's still dangerous.

"Jane! Hey are you listening?" Tony questions as I snap out of my thoughts and focus on him.

"Yeah."

He looks at me annoyed as it seemed pretty obvious I was looking at Bucky. Everyone was looking at us now with some unapproved faces.

Tony continued on about the mission plans as I just sat and listened intently this time.

About twenty minutes later we arrived on site and my anxious side was shot up as I thought about the mission.

Here goes nothing.