Chapter 4

The next day I woke up to FRIDAY telling me that everyone had left on a mission. Of course Tony told me nothing like he always does. I ended up going into my work space to finish some more tests on my suit.

"Alright...Date active boosts," I said into my suit.

"Boosts activated," DATE said as I started floating trying to control my balance.

"Okay..," I whisper to myself.

I was doing pretty good until there was a somewhat malfunction and I fell onto my knees pretty hard from a high point.

"Shit," I said getting out of my suit to see I had scraped myself pretty bad.

I know getting injured is pretty common when being on the team but I can't have Tony think I can't handle a simple suit because then of course he won't let me be apart of the team.

"Friday is anyone here in the tower at all?"

"Miss Shuri is in the infirmary with Mr Barnes."

"Thank you."

I headed down there quickly to get something to clean up my cuts.

I entered the room to see Shuri at her computer writing some stuff down and in the other room you can see Bucky sitting down looking exhausted.

"Hey watcha doing?"

"Hello Miss Jane, I'm just doing some tests do you need help?"

"Yea I kinda cut myself up a bit and came to clean it up a bit."

"Ah well I'm just about finished but you'll find what you need in there in the top cabinets to your right," she said pointing inside the room where Bucky is.

"In there?"

"Yes...He doesn't bite Jane," she said as she got a call on her phone.

"I have to take this but you're fine he won't hurt you," she said with a small smile resting her hand on my shoulder before leaving the room to go answer the call.

I stepped into the room as he sat down on this long chair and he immediately shot his eyes to me looking startled and confused, kinda like he did the other morning.

"Sorry, just gonna grab something," I said walking past him to the cabinets she mentioned grabbing what I need. He just watched me intensely, watching my every move like he didn't trust me.

"You-You're bleeding," he said in a low husky voice.

"What?" I asked looking down at my cut that was now bleeding a bit down my leg.
"Shit," I whispered to myself.

"You mind?" I asked as I grabbed the chair to sit down cautiously and clean myself up. He nodded his head looking very focused on me and my bloody cut.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I- um fell," I said with a small forced smile not really wanting to elaborate what I was doing.

"Oh," is all he said looking more calm than when I first stepped in. Seeming to realize I'm not here to hurt or do anything to him.

"So you know Steve?" I finally say after a good silent minute to break the tension.

"Yea, he's a good friend," he answered after a couple quiet seconds.

"Yea I've known him for a while, not as much as you I'm sure," I laughed a bit. I turn to see the corner of his lips slightly turn up from my comment before turning his face away.

"How long have you known him?" He asked.

"Well I met him years ago when I moved in with Tony after my aunt who took me in died. He was helping my brother fight off these alien things and that's when the Avengers formed of course."