Chapter 46

We went to eat and we just talked about what we've both had going on in our lives and then he asked me about training and my last mission.

"So have you been training much recently?"

"Yeah...not as much since the team agrees that I'm getting pretty good but I still train with everyone."

"I thought you just train with Steve?"

"No I train with whoever is available. It's mainly Steve but other times I train with Sam or Nat or Bucky."

"You train with Bucky?"

"Yeah..why? He's really good, he taught me how to move fast when fighting; apart from Nat who is also quick when it comes to fighting."

"Oh...just wondering."

"Well I'm sure I won't need to train much with anyone anymore. Maybe I'll start just exercising on my own."

"Are you good friends with them all?"

"Yeah of course. They are my team..more like family. They're the closest thing I've got to family besides Tony and pepper."

"Well I was asking because I don't know them much. I was thinking...if it's fine with you; if I can come over to have dinner and get to know them all some time? You know since I didn't really see them and talk much about each other besides Tony's party."

"Oh..yeah that would be a good idea actually," I lie internally screaming right now. That would be a mess but I need to sell this.

"Really? Because I don't want to overstep but I thought since..we're dating it would be a good idea for me to meet them if they really are that close to you."

"No yeah that sounds great. I'm sure Tony would love the idea."

I almost laughed out loud, I couldn't even believe what I just said. The only reason I accepted was so that Steve could get a read on him and maybe see that he's not so bad or dangerous and let me break up with him and call this off.

We started talking about other things but he would casually bring up the team again but always singled out Bucky in the end which I found odd but he was never asking about him specifically but more of our relationship. I assumed he's just a bit jealous of Bucky and I, which I can't blame him for.

*

He takes me home after dinner and a walk around the city and kisses me goodbye. I told him I'd let him know when we could have the dinner after I mentioned it to Tony.

I walked in to see Sam and Steve in the kitchen standing and talking. It looked like they had just got back but Bucky wasn't anywhere around or Clint.

"Hey," is sigh walking in feeling tired.

"Hey, how was your date?" Sam asked with a smile.

"It was..ok. How was guys night out."
I say with finger quotations around guys night.

"It was nice, I'd say we all had a good time just a bit tired," Steve says with a smile.

"Well almost everyone," Sam says widening his eyes dramatic as if he's insinuating someone didn't.

"What? Did you and Clint argue?" I question knowing fully well how much Sam didn't want him to be there.

"No-Bucky was just..real quiet the whole time," Steve says.

"Oh?"

"Yeah he seemed distracted...almost worried one would say," Sam say looking around curiously with his hand on his chin before locking eyes with me and lifting his brows.

I widen my eyes knowing what he is insinuating and hoping Steve doesn't catch on.

"I don't I thought he would have a good time, maybe he just needs to get used to go out a bit. He's been stuck inside for the longest time, maybe he's just used to that," Steve says sighing.

As much as I wish that was true I also hope it isn't because I would hate to think Bucky can't have a good time out because it's not in his nature to be around people. I want him to have fun.

"Yeah well..I'm sure he'll come around. I'm going to go to bed now," I say walking off as they wave me goodnight.

I made my way towards the elevator and as I was walking I noticed my laces from my boots where untied and as I was about to bend down to tie them I heard the elevator ding and I was pulled into it before the doors closed.

I was pinned to the wall by none other than Bucky himself.

"Wow you took forever," he whispers inches close to my face.

I just laugh and kiss him deeply before he pulls away for a second.

"Did I tell you how gorgeous you look tonight?"

I giggled and shook my head.

"Well you my darling look gorgeous," he says kissing me again a million times from my cleavage to my neck and up to my lips.

"I missed you too," I say laughing while he just smiles back at me.

At this moment I remember what Steve said and I notice how happy Buck seemed compared to how they said he was tonight. I couldn't help but ask.

"Hey..Sam and Steve said you didn't have a good time...is that true?"

His expression faltered and he pulled his poker face letting go of me before turning and facing the elevator doors that that were now opening to our floor before stepping out.

"I did..it's just not my thing. I'm sure you out of everyone should know being out like that is not something I'm used to..."

"Well yeah but you seemed so much more comfortable with going out with me after a couple days."

"Well yeah because...I'm with you," he says turning to look at me again with a smile plastered right back on his face. "I don't even notice anyone else really."

I felt a knot in my stomach hearing him say that.
Just because it didn't even seem like he said it in a cute way but fully serious about how he doesn't acknowledge anyone else really when we hang out anymore.

"Well I'm glad you feel comfortable with me," I say stepping up to him pulling my arms around his neck while he rests his hands on the lower of my back.

He hums in response just looking at me intently.

"I wanted to apologize though...I didn't plan on going out with Cole. He just called me and asked to take me out and you know about the plan so...I said yes."

His happy expression faltered imperceptibly but he quickly recovered retaining his smile simply nodding back.

"But don't worry he wants to have dinner with everyone and I have an idea," I say causing him to look disapproving now and let go of me.

"What? He's having dinner here?"

"Yeah...he says he's wants to get to know you all since we're..dating. I thought it would be a good idea for Steve to see he's not shady or affiliated with hydra so he can let me break up with him."

"I don't know, I don't like him," he says sighing.

"He literally has done nothing to you or me for you to hate him," I say laughing a bit.

"I didn't say I hated him but I don't have to like him either if he's seeing my girlfriend."

I smiled big at him calling me his girlfriend for the first time.

"Girlfriend?" I say with a major smile.

"Well yeah...what do you think we've been doing?" He says with a laugh smirking grabbing my waist again.

"Well I know we're together but, we've never called each other that sooo I wasn't sure if I should first."

"Well I'm all yours darling, so get used to it," he says before kissing me softly.