Chapter 25

I hurried downstairs to start the day. I know I say I didn't really care yesterday but I'm pretty excited. It's never wrong to be excited for your birthday even if you're just going to be watching movies while eating crap food.

I got downstairs and rushed to the dinning table to eat with everyone.

"Good morning," I say in a cheery voice.

Some of the team look back at me and say hey and good morning.

I walk over to the kitchen to serve myself some bacon with eggs and pancakes.

"Who made the breakfast?" I ask.

"I did miss Jane," I heard vision say from next to Wanda.

"Oh thanks it looks great," I say smiling.

"No worries and Happy Birthday," he says making Bucky choke on his drink as they all look at me.

"Thanks," I say smiling back going to eat my food.

Everyone stays silent for a bit before all saying happy birthday simultaneously.

"Thanks guys," I said laughing lightly.

"So any plans?" Nat asks raising her eyebrows.

"Nah Stacey is busy and Cole is out of town, and Tony... we haven't really been talking that much. Not unless we have to for work but yea. It's just me a bunch of movies and some snacks," I say now picking at my food realizing how sad that must sound.

"I'm sorry we can't do anything but we all got something important to do with Tony later about tomorrow's mission," Steve says putting his hand on my shoulder.

"It's fine," I say smiling going back to eating noticing how Bucky is looking at me looking upset as well as Steve before I turn away quickly to avoid making eye contact and making them feel bad about it.

I continue to eat while they all start to talk about other random things. I finish my breakfast and head to the gym after I finish washing my plate.

I start to stretch getting ready to work out alone until I see Bucky come into the gym. Do I not know what day it is anymore?

"Hey," I say as I stretch.

"Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah," I say standing up straight. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well because of your... birthday plans. Happy birthday by the way," he says with a sympathetic smile.

"Oh no that? I'm fine it's no big deal I'm actually glad I can just take a day for me you know? And...Thanks," I say as he just smiles and nods.

"Well that's good but," he says closing the gym door.
"Are you ready?" He says stepping closer taking his shirt off to reveal a tank top.

"Um for what?" I say feeling very confused.

"To train."

"Oh so you weren't wrong when you told me we would today. It's Sunday though, they aren't leaving until tomorrow."

"Yes I was and don't worry about it. I took care of it."

"How?"

"I asked Steve to make sure Tony wouldn't come downstairs here with us so I could help train you for the day."

"Did you tell him about the other days we're gonna be working out?"

"No," he says with wide eyes shaking his head. "I kinda told him this was just for today since you were upset."