Chapter 15

I went into my room and got dressed in my work out clothes to continue my training. Since Steve was going to be with Bucky today Natasha agreed to train me for the day. I was warned by Steve that she may be more...persistent, said I should expect no breaks unless necessary. Boy is this gonna be fun.

When I made my way to the gym I started doing my stretches beforehand. She had texted me on her way that she'd be here in about 10 minutes. I waited for a bit doing push-ups and stretches until she finally came in.

"You ready?"

"I guess so."

"Alright."

We started jogging at first and I ran about 3 miles until she switched it sparring. She would throw punches and I would try my best to dodge them, and let me tell you she was not holding back.

"So how's it going with your boy toy?" She says throwing more punches as I desperately try to block and dodge them.

"He's not my boy toy," I say dodging her fist that nearly hit me right in the jaw. "But it's going fine I guess," I say as we both pause for a second trying to catch our breaths.

"Yea?" She asks seeming not convinced, like she had something in her mind she wants to say.

"Yeah it is why?" I say continuing throwing a punch only for her to catch my fist and twist my arm.

"Just...I see you and Bucky are getting close," she says letting go of my arm.

"Me and Bucky?"

"Yeah. I mean I see him smile and talk more with you and you know he's not really talkative or close with anyone. He seems to trust you," she says throwing another punch only this time I grab her arm and twist it like she did with me.

"I guess we are getting somewhat close but I don't know if you're insinuating that we're anything other than friends because I can assure you we're not. I mean to be fair no one here really makes an effort to talk to him either," I say continuing holding her arm twisted. I hate that whole thing that a girl can't simply be close with a guy unless they have something going on.

She falls to her knees quickly kicking my legs, dropping me to the ground and getting a hold of my arm. She turns me around as she twist my arm behind me pushing me down to the ground.

True," she says in between pants before letting go of me. "But then again, friends don't sneak into each other's rooms in the middle of the night," she says making my eyes go wide. Oh god I hope she didn't tell Tony or he's gonna kill me.

"Did you-" I was about to ask jumping up quickly until she cut me off.

"No I didn't tell Tony J."

"Oh," I say sighing feeling relieved," Thanks."

"Yeah your secret is safe with me," she says smirking.

"It wasn't like that," I say going to punch her but she grabs my arm and twists it yet again. She dips to the side throwing her legs over me, flipping and knocking me down.

"You're not focusing," she says changing the subject.

"Well usually if I fight someone we aren't going to be talking about my relationships with people." I say from the ground with my eyes screwed shut as I lay there in pain.

"What was it like?" She asks curiously going back to the topic of Bucky and I.

I lay there still trying to regain my strength not saying anything unsure if it's my place to really share what he's been going through.