Vol 1: Chapter 1 - The Itsuka Twins

Syouji was woken up by loud screaming and got up from his bed letting out a sigh. Kotori was probably up to her usual shenanigans again. Thinking that he would be next, Syouji got up.

Syouji did the usual morning routine. He brushed his teeth, took a bath and got dressed for the day.

Then, he walked out of the living room and as he adjusted his glasses and brushed his pale blue hair away from his face, he saw Shidou sneaking up on Kotori who had been quivering behind a table using it as a sort of barricade.

He moved his index finger in front of his lips signaling for Syouji to be quiet. At this moment, Syouji couldn't help but think about how dumb his brother was.

"Graaaaaah!"

"Kyaa! Kyaaaaa!"

Shidou grabbed her shoulders and Kotori let out a despairing scream as she immediately ran towards Syouji and went into his arms, as if like a chick hiding under the wings of its mother.

"Nii-sama!! Help! I don't wanna go to tickle hell!" She yelled desperately.

"Calm down, calm down! I'm my usual self." Shidou said that, as his eyes met his brother's pale blue ones.

Syouji was standing there with a neutral expression as if unamused. It had been a while since Shidou had seen his brother show emotions on his face. 

"Gyaaaa gya...ah? O-Onii chan?" She said hiding behind Syouji poking her head out.

"You're a cruel older brother you know that? Geez this ruckus wakes me up almost every morning." Syouji pointed out as he let out a sigh before adjusting his glasses.

"It's not my fault I swear" Shidou tried defending himself.

"So you...you aren't scary anymore?" Kotori questioned, cowering behind Syouji.

"It's alright now. I'm Kotowi's fwend." Shidou said in a tone as if he was talking to a puppy.

"Oh, ohhhhh" Kotori poked her head out from behind of Syouji's back.

"The hell you are! you're acting more like a cruel elder brother you... you Shidiot!"

Syouji yelled as Shidou talked to her in baby talk, for some reason. Kotori's tightened face slowly relaxed. It was as if she was a wild fox squirrel that had opened its heart.

"Sorry, sorry. I'll go make breakfast right away." Shidou said pointing towards the kitchen.

"Cool, I'll help. Let me just get this" Saying so, Syouji lifted the table with Kotori's help, putting it back where it belonged, before following Shidou into the kitchen.

Working at the large electronics company that the two of them built, their parents were often away from the house at the same time.

At those times, it was always their responsibility to prepare food, So Syouji and Shidou were already used to it.

In fact, Syouji was confident that he could use the cooking tools better than their mother, Itsuka Haruko.

As Syouji waited for Shidou to fetch some eggs from the fridge, he heard the sound of the TV coming from behind him. It seems that Kotori had calmed down and started Channel surfing.

Kotori has a daily routine to eat while checking out horoscopes or fortune-telling corners. Most of the fortune-telling corners usually come at the end of the main programs and are obviously just speculations.

After surfing through all of the channels, Kotori settled on watching boring news.

"---early this morning in the suburbs of Tengu City---"