Chapter 70 - An excuse to meet

Meanwhile, with Shidou—

He was in the  Tenguu square which is in the middle of Tenguu city. There was a stage and big exhibition halls constructed in its surrounding. The main block prepared for the Tenou festival is the east block from halls 1 to 4.

"....So, Kotori. where is Miku?" Shidou talked to the intercom with a soft voice.

Right now, Shidou was hiding behind hall 2's equipment and was examining the nearby situation. —It would seem that Tonomachi was not chasing him. Perhaps he was chasing after Syouji instead since he decided to tease him.

However, unbeknownst to him, Syouji was currently fighting a war of his own.

[S-Stop trying to take my clothes off, Tohka help —]

That voice came before being cut off by a beep, Shidou could not believe he heard such a thing and he could not help but worry about Syouji.

"What was that?"

<It seems Syouji is occupied with Tobiichi Origami, Tohka and three other girls. We should take this chance. Miku is in hall 1. It's the place with Rindouji's booth set up.>

"Understood... I'll head there immediately."

After saying that, he quickly leaped out from the shadow of the equipment and ran towards hall 1. He easily found Miku, but there were a couple of girls wearing heavy navy blue sailor uniforms in the back of hall 1— and Miku was standing in the center.

"Together with other students... Well, that's normal."

<Well, we already expected this, but this is annoying. Even if you get close, they might prevent a straight conversation by encircling and guarding the Empress.>

"Can't we do something to isolate her? Like, having Someone like Syouji go over there and—"

<I told you he's busy! and look, Miku is walking out.>

Being told that, Shidou looked back in front.

It's true, according to what Kotori said, he found that Miku broke free from the group of Rindouji female students and walked somewhere alone.

"Is it a toilet break...?"

<This is your chance, go and after her.>

"O-Okay, dude I get it."

<Tone>

".....I understand."

Now that he thought about it, he noticed he turned back to guy-mode when he talks with Syouji or Kotori. He cautioned himself to avoid getting his habit out at the last minute while walking out to follow Miku.

Around a few minutes of following, Miku passed by the nearest toilet exiting hall 1 and headed towards the central stage located in the middle of the square.

She passed the audience seat and pas passed under the rope with the words [Unauthorized person not allowed] written on it and walked to the direction of the backstage.

"Ah... What do we do now?"

<Chase her, Shidou.>

"U-Understood."

After Shidou made up his mind and pass under the rope, he entered backstage just like that,  the wall was separated by one sheet and the nearby scenery was completely changed so much that it was shocking.

Contrastive to a brilliant and dazzling stage, it was a space with no miscellaneous. Various packages were piled up on boths sides of the dim path, the width of the path which was originally not that wide turned even narrower.