Chapter 43 - Hazy Memories

The next day, 21st of June

Raizen High school had to take care of issues and suspended lessons for today. Well, it was something that could not be helped. That's because the students and staff of the school had all collapsed, temporarily entering a state of unconsciousness.

It was fortunate that there were no students in critical condition, but due to the school conducting a thorough check on various factors, they decided to temporarily close the school.

"What do I do? It's been a day and yet, I still... Haven't told Shidou anything. Perhaps I shouldn't tell him anything after all? What to do..." Syouji muttered, clenching his fist in frustration as he reclined on the chair of <Fraxinus>.

Syouji heavily sighed bringing the paper cup to his mouth, he finished the Chocolate milk in a single gulp.

Although it was a lounge, it was really nothing special. There were only a few automated vending machines located in some of the indents of the wall and in front of the machines were two long benches. It was a simple space that had two tall plants for aesthetic purposes.

Of course, there was another dining area that was more comfortable. however, Syouji preferred places with less human traffic. Especially since he had a lot on his mind. Although it was true that he trusted the crew members enough to show his true self, he still couldn't exactly open up to them completely.

He was hoping to speak to Kotori at least, once but due to her unstable mental condition, his wish was unable to be granted. Plainly said it was because there was nothing for Syouji for tomorrow and right now, The <Fraxinus> was floating over a shop as Shidou had to pick out swimsuits for the girls.

Thus, as a result, he was allowed to do as he pleased and therefore he was feeling lost as to what to do as he yawned.

"Haa..."

Syouji looked at the ceiling in a daze, lightly giving out a sigh.

He was fine up until just now. Syouji had finished a training session and after sitting down alone with his thoughts, it caused him to become like this.

"Five years ago... Could it really be Kotori?"

Kotori supposedly killed Origami's parents.

Due to the information that seemed to be in line with the ones he had now, he was confused about whether or not to believe this sort of thing. However, deep in his mind, he wanted to deny it.

"So... What is the truth? How do I know?"

Syouji closed his eyes, attempting to search his memories from five years ago, inside his brain, that area caused his brain to hurt.

—[Try not to think about it too much.]

—How can I not though? How would you react, knowing your sister was about to die?

—[...........Alright.]

—Sorry, I just... Say, do you happen to know what happened five years ago?

Syouji asked the voice in his head. However, he was met with silence. It looks like he had somehow upset it.

"Damn... What exactly happened five years ago? Why do we know about the method to seal the power of the Spirits?"

He asked no one in particular, but as expected no matter how it was, he was unable to recall. It was as though Syouji's memories have been fitted with a strange filter. Syouji placed the paper cup down on the table as he squeezed the bridge of his nose—