Chapter 18 - Living room Dynamics

The "Discussion" had ended and now, Syouji and Kotori were sitting in the living room after finishing dinner.

"So, what exactly is this training about? I'm curious." Syouji asked.

"Yeah, what are you going to make me do?"

Shidou followed up with his own question, looking over from the kitchen. He had insisted on cooking alone, with the excuse of "it'll be faster" so, Syouji reluctantly backed down.

"Nothing in particular, it's okay to do nothing." Kotori, who had her hair tied up with the black ribbon, said that while moving her lips, which had a lollipop in between them.

"Huh...? What do you mean? After saying all that stuff about training." Shidou replied.

"Un, speaking accurately, Your theme this time is to lead an ordinary lifestyle... I think."

"Ah?"

Kotori and Shidou were having a talk regarding training so upon hearing this, Syouji propped up and spoke.

"Hmm? I don't think I quite get it... but just so we're clear, you're letting me have a day off right? I really don't wanna train with Kannazuki."

Syouji said, shivering as a weird feeling crawled up his spine. If I were to "train" with Kannazuki, He would consider it a punishment from Kotori and would sometimes moan when punched.

"Ah yes, Syouji. Anyway, Shidouー Basically, your training, based on the assumption that you will be dating all the Spirits from now on, is to manage to have a conversation with girls without being nervous."

"...Ah, now that I think about it, you did say something like that." Shidou said with his cheek twitching.

"This time, we will be making the best of 'living together with a girl as live combat training. The point is that even if you suddenly encounter a chest tightening situation with a girl, you will stay calm and be able to behave gentlemanly and act accordingly. Ohー and you can't get advice from Syouji. He's not always gonna be around."

"...Haa well, alright." Shidou spoke and sighed.

"Oh cheer up, Shi-bro."

"That's why Shidou, during the time that you are living together with Tohka, no matter the kind of naughty event that will happen, it will be best if you can cope with the situation without being flustered."

"So, this means i'm not included?"

"Not necessarily, but yeah. Although, you can participate if you want, Syouji."

"Wha...What's up with that..." Shidou's brow formed a grand wrinkle, and he groaned.

"...Speaking of which, why must I seduce the Spirits in the first place? You can just seal the Spirits' powers by kissing, right? In that case, there's no need to abruptly strike- "

"Oh my, is forcing yourself on others what you prefer, Shidou? Good luck in not having your name appear in the morning newspapers."

"Ooh dang... Shidou you brute, when did you get so bold? you absolute beast, you lolico- "

Kotori made such a claim, whereupon Syouji put a hand in front of his mouth and began to go off on Shidou, much to his displeasure. Once again, he had become the butt of a joke. Before he could finish his sentence however, Shidou spoke with a loud voice.

"I won't be in them! And don't call me that!" As Shidou shouted, Kotori shrugged her shoulders in a relieved manner.

"- It's useless. If the Spirits don't open their hearts to Shidou, they won't let you seal their powers completely."