Chapter 123 - Jet Black Queen

"Good work Ellen"

After completing her mission magnificently and finishing several missions, Ellen suddenly got called by that voice when she entered.

When she looked over to the source of the voice, she found Isaac Westcott hooking up Samuel to medical equipment.

Usually, this would not be strange, but the amount attached to his body was noticeably more than normal and his eyes were emptier than normal if that was even possible.

"......Ike"

"It was a magnificent display of skill. I could say it's expected from you.... unlike this child over here."

When Westcott said that, Ellen averted her eyes from Samuel before opening her mouth.

"No. Getting hit once was my mistake. The opponent had an astounding crew with them."

Westcott made a small smile while shrugging his shoulders when he heard Ellen's words.

"So is the crew safe?"

"Unkown. I told them to evacuate but, I got refused."

"I see. I will pray that many of the crew would survive."

Westcott mumbled that without a hint of irony mixed in it. He was being serious. Her target this time was <Ratatoskr>'s airship, not its crew members.

They were the ones that had the power to hinder DEM's actions, and shelter the Spirits. It's also more convenient to leave some power around Itsuka Syouji anyway.

Nonetheless, even if all the crew members were annihilated, Woodman would skillfully fill that gap.

"—More importantly, Ike"

"Aah, I know."

When Ellen said that, Westcott tilted his head forward to tell her he knew before pointing the terminal on the table to Ellen.

It showed the appearance of Tobiichi Origami in a pure white Astral Dress.

That's right. It was unbelievable, but it seems Tobiichi Origami turned into a Spirit when she was battling with a Spirit.

"This is unexpected for me too. I never would have thought she would become a Spirit."

After saying that, Westcott made a smile as if he was enjoying this from the bottom of his heart.

"No, I should grieving on the loss of an excellent Wizard here. Aaaah,  how could this happen. She would have definitely been a great addition to our forces."

"You're smiling, Ike"

"Oops, that's my mistake."

Even though he said that, Westcott did not even try to hide his mouth. Ellen made a soft sigh before continuing her words.

"So where is she now?"

"Aah, she disappeared."

"Disappeared? Does she have the ability to conceal her Reiha?"

"You think so too?" Westcott said that before turning towards Samuel who was in a standing position, lifted his head and seemed to glare at Westcott.

At the same time, Ellen approached him with a concerned look which faded away the moment she noticed his glare.

"One day..... I'm going to come to take your head."

When Samuel said that, Westcott showed a look of interest as Ellen wrapped her fingers around his neck with a hostile expression.

"What are you saying? Explain yourself!"