Chapter 124 - Changing Time

So, before you start, here are a few things you should know to avoid confusion.

—This is Syouji

—[This is Shinji]

—<This is Kurumi>

That's all you need to know for now. lol Enjoy.

"Guh...."

Syouji frowned his eyebrows. The moment the bullet pierced his forehead, he was assaulted by a feeling similar to his consciousness being ripped and torn to pieces. There was no physical pain.

Rather than that, it was more like a feeling of nausea and vomiting was lurking in Origami's chest. However, it was different from the usual pain from using his Spirit powers.

"..........Eh?"

After a while, Syouji tilted his head upwards and found out that a strong feeling of gravity was pulling him down as the ground approached quickly.

Yes, right now, Syouji was upside down and falling from the sky.

Syouji poured strength into his body and manipulated the <space> wrapping around him to control his body's movement in the air as his body slowed down.

"This is..... did it work?"

Syouji looked around the sky as a weird feeling assaulted his chest. That was because the sky that was dark just now turned bright.

The surrounding scenery was a little different from what he saw just now when he confronted Kurumi on top of a building. The shapes of the large roads were not that different, but from his memories, Syouji felt that the buildings lined up and patterns of signboards hung up were different.

—[This is Tenguu city 5 years ago.]

—So it really worked huh? What do I do now... how about looking for Origami?

—[Usually, I would agree, but this time the opponent is Tobiichi Origami who has the Angel <Metatton> even if we do find her, there would be trouble with catching up to her speed. By my calculations, she should be the fastest Spirit now.]

At this point, when Syouji was immersed in his thoughts, conversing with Shinji in his subconscious, a third voice joined in.

—<Kihihihi>

"...............?!"

"Sh-Shinji?! There's a third voice in my head....!"

—[Ah, well this is certainly unexpected even for me.]

—<Ah how sad, have you already forgotten about me? And after I lent you my power. I'm so sad I might cry, boohoo~ .....Also, who is this person in your subconscious?>

"This voice.... this laugh.... Kurumi?"

—<Yes, fufu, I'm glad you realized that on your own.>

"So I'm guessing that you're still at a different time? And this place really is the past, huh?"

—<Ara ara as smart as always I see. As expected of Syouji-san. That's right. I am currently in the present.>

Kurumi let out a scary laugh as Syouji let out a sigh. When she did that, Syouji wondered what she was using to communicate with him. Perhaps it was something similar to Shinji's technique.

—How is Kurumi communicating with me?

Syouji asked.

—<Ufufu, the reason why I am able to talk to Syouji-san now is also because ofー>