Chapter 88 - Inversion

Syouji woke up in a puddle of his own blood as he looked at the sight in front of him, his wounds being consumed by flames.

Before he passed out, Tohka let out a hysterical yell and now her body was consumed by a mass of dark particles as Shidou desperately banged on the glass wall.

"What is.... going on..."

The flames had finally healed the wound on Syouji's back and chest as he suppressed the throbbing headache he was experiencing.

Behind him, Westcott's excited voice was heard.

"The <kingdom> has invested. Well then, prepare yourself humanity. —It's the arrival of the demon king!"

Syouji did not understand what those words meant, but there was one thing he knew— If a villain-like person is laughing or celebrating, then it means something very bad is happening.

That's what he knew from Anime, so it must be true. It must be.

At that moment, the inauspicious dark light that covered up Tohka's body dissipated with a glow.

At that point, Tohka's full figure became visible.

"What...."

Shidou let out a confused voice. Seeing Tohka's figure, he couldn't help but hold his breath.

Tohka was in her Astral dress, surrounded by a black glamour.

Even so, this was something that was not impossible.

 Even if a Spirit's powers were sealed, there was still an invisible bond liking them, causing a partial backflow of their powers when their emotions become unstable.

However, what Tohka was wearing now was definitely not her partial Astral Dress.

Black armor on her shoulders and waist, and a black spectral veil covering her chest and lower half.

There was no question. It was a complete Astral Dress from a heavy amount of Reiryoku.

"Astral Dress..."

The Astral Dress that Tohka was wearing then, was completely different from what Shidou remembered.

What's more, Tohka's expression was different from just a second ago. There was a sense of oppression, as though she was a monarch.

Of course, there was no change to her body or face physically. Despite that, Shidou felt that the girl clad in a black glamour in front of his eyes was a completely different being from Tohka.

Then—

"That is...."

Shidou spoke in a surprise tone. The right hand of Tohka, clad in a black Astral dress, was wielding a giant sword.

"Sandal......phon."

No. That sword was clearly different from Sandalphon.

It was a large sword with a single blade. the hilt of the sword, stained black like Tohka's Astral Dress, as well as the blade of the sword itself, left a trail of darkness in the sky.

A chill ran down Shidou's back as he took a step backwards as if to distance himself, inhaling deeply.

For some reason, the sword possessed not just the danger of being a sharp weapon, or a Spirit's massive power, it also possessed something frightening enough to make his body shiver in fear.

"........"

Tohka surveyed her surroundings carefully. Then, she let out a sigh

"—Where is this place."