Chapter 121 - Perfect timing

"Guh—"

With his head throbbing and his body hurting all over, Syouji was left to wonder what Shinji did with his body to produce such pain.

There were probably bruises spread around his entire body and for some reason he felt like he had a hole in his chest. What's more, right now, he was being forced to shut his eye from the discomfort.

He looked around and found out that everyone was in a similar state. In actuality, Syouji's condition was minimal compared to the others.

On a bed, Tohka was laying down with her body covered with bandages as Shidou and Mayuri watched over her.

Right now, the group was in the infirmary located on the first floor of Raizen Highschool. After Origami left, they met up with Kaguya, Yuzuru, and Miku who also participated in the fight and were lying on the beds lined up in the room.

Natsumi's abilities were used to cover the wounds causing especially bad bleeding, but they had to rely on their own stamina in regards to their own body's regenerative abilities. Everyone was covered with bandages like Tohka and they looked like mummies.

After Origami left, he tried contacting <Fraxinus> to have them heal Tohka was covered in wounds, but the line wouldn't connect as expected.

"Err.... are you okay?"

[Uwah, you got beat up badly huh]

Yoshino was making a worried face while gently wiping Kaguya's dirty face with a wet cloth. Kaguya made a painful face for an instant but immediately tried to play it cool. However, there were small tears forming on the side of her eyes.

"Sigh. Kaguya is acting tough"

"S-Shut up! I am completely okay!"

When she was told that by Yuzuru, Kaguya replied back in reflex. It was painful as expected. She exaggeratedly distorted her face before lying back down on the bed.

".................Hnn." Syouji made a small smile.

—Well, it's good to know she's all right.

—[............In that condition? she's only acting tough.]

—That may be the case, but it's good to be in high spirits.

—[............By the way, I may have accidentally traumatized that <witch> girl.]

—Hey she has a name you know.

When Syouji was having a conversation within his own head, he turned towards Natsumi who was sitting meekly next to him. In order to cover everyone's wounds, she squeezed out her Spirit powers and she was hugging her knees, mumbling something under her breath.

Syouji gently pat her on the head and when he did that, for some reason, she flinched as if she was afraid.

"Hey, good job helping everyone."

"Y-Yeah, but.... compared to that one over there...."

Natsumi muttered and without moving her head, she looked at a girl with purple-ish hair walking around the infirmary with a limp.

Over there was the idol, Izayoi Miku who clapped her hands together twice as if she was using castanets.

"<Gabriel>—[Requiem]"

As if to respond to her voice, several silver pipes appeared around Miku. It was a part of Miku's angel <Gabriel>.

After everyone opened their eyes wide in surprise, Miku made a smile and took a bow.