Chapter 5 - Physical Training.

"...Hey."

"...What?" Reine responded to Shidou's words by tilting her head. Shidou then asked,

"What's with this room?"

"Yeah, i've rarely ever come in here... but wow." Syouji said in awe of the room. 

The physics preparation room was not a place that students normally entered, and in fact, he had no idea what it contained before.

But even then, it was very clear that this was not the physics preparation room. Or at least not anymore.

After all, the room was filled with a large number of computers, displays, and various electronic devices that Syouji had only ever seen in movies.

"...They're the room's equipment?" Reine said this with a questioning look as if they were the weird ones.

"Why are you answering with a question! Or rather before that, isn't this the physics preparation room? What happened to the teacher in charge of this place!"

"The old man? I wouldn't be surpised if he died. Or maybe he was part of <Ratatoskr> it's hard to tell." Saying so, Syouji pointed out.

Although, Shidou was right. Originally, this was supposed to be the only place other than the toilet where you could see the kind and plain elderly physics teacher Chousoka Beshiyouichi. Now, the old mans figure could not be seen anywhere.

"..Ahh, him. Yes. Hmm. " Reine placed her hand on her chin and gave a small nod.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

Just like that, a few seconds passed.

"...Oh well, even if you stand there it won't change anything. Please enter."

"What's after 'hmm'!?" Shidou let out a yell at Reines' calm demeanor and brushing such a thing to the side.

"Moreover, what's with the "Yes?" Don't tell me he... B-But I was only Joking about his death just now..."

Keeping his usual expressionless face, Syouji said that with a weary voice and felt dreadful at the sudden news. However, Reine shrugged it off and continued to walk forward.

Truly an amazing ignoring ability. It's a skill that people should definitely learn nowadays. Especially Tonomachi. The guy tries to talk to Syouji in class even when he clearly has earphones on. It's a bit annoying.

Then, Reine entered the room first and sat in a chair placed in the deepest part of the room. Next, Kotori entered the room from the side.

Then, in a very accustomed manner, she untied her hair bound in white ribbons and refastened them with the black ribbons that she took out from her pocket.

"Phew." As she did so, it seemed like Kotori's aura suddenly changed. 

She then sluggishly loosened the collar of her uniform, and collapsed into a chair near Reine with a big thump. And then, from the bag she carried, Kotori took out what seemed like a small binder. Inside it, lined up beautifully in a set, were various types of Chupa Chups.

It was the rumored candy holder. AKA the present Syouji got her for Christmas. He felt happy knowing that she at least uses it ーeven though it's a lame gift for a big brother to give his sister. As Syouji was thinking that he walked over and examined it.

"To think you'd use it in such a way... I was thinking you could use it for school, but I suppose this is fine." As Syouji said that, Kotori let out a "hm?" She then spoke up.