Chapter 63 - Strengths and Resolves

"Wha..... This is— <Sandalphon>?"

Shidou raised his voice while being shocked at the sword that appeared in his right hand. A wide blade giving off a glowing light. A handguard with delicate craftsmanship applied on it. Then, he noticed that Syouji's cloak had flown to him and wrapped itself around his shoulders.

"A....As expected, from my... Twin brother. Heh."

"Shi.. dou? W-Why can you use <Sandalphon>....?"

Tohka was also shocked while looking at Shidou's direction. But, that was probably normal. That's because <Sandalphon> which was just shattered by Ellen, has appeared in Shidou's hand.

But— While Shidou was surprised, he was somewhat aware of himself to be able to accept the situation calmly.

Shidou's healing abilities which he shared with Syouji, did not belong to them in the first place. It was something that appeared after sealing Kotori's Reiryoku.

Judging by that— the others, if Shidou's body who has the power of the Spirits sealed inside has become adapted to it.

Then, it is possible to think, he is able to use the power of the Spirits, differently compared to Syouji.

"Angel....? What's more, it's the same as <Princess>'s.....? That was supposed to be broken by me just now. Before anything else, why is someone like you able to wield that? That isn't possible—"

"Oh darling..."

Ellen was in the middle of her words when Syouji interrupted her with a smirk. He planted his feet and his smirk grew into a grin as he took a deep breath.

"You have no idea what's possible. <Banishment>!"

He shouted as his body along with the mechanical doll was covered in light. Then, when it faded away, the <Bandersnatch> restraining him was seemingly annihilated as he walked towards Shidou while rubbing his head as Shidou looked at him with worry.

At that moment, Ellen alternated her sights between Syouji and Shidou with eyes that reflect inquisitiveness.

"You call yourself Itsuka... Syouji and Shidou right? What on earth are you?"

".........We're humans." Shidou spoke.

" Right. As far as we're concerned Shidou and I are humans." Syouji added.

".............."

After ellen frowned her eyebrows from hearing their reply, she then hanged her hand upwards. Following that movement, the surrounding <Bandesnatch>'s lowered their posture as if to show their alertness.

"I've changed my mind, you will both be coming with us. I don't recommend resisting."

"Guh....."

"And I don't recommend eating fish with Soy sauce. but as expected, you won't listen will you?"

 —[Do you seriously think provoking her at this time is a smart choice?]

—It's not as if I don't think it's a smart choice, but I just can't help it. Besides that, if she was provoked by something like that, then it shows how pathetic she is. In any case, I have to focus.

—[Alright then, just do your thing and fight. I'll provide support as usual.]

—Right. I'm counting on you.

As Syouji spoke with the <voice> in his head, he put his hands behind his back as if to pull something out and winked at Shidou.

"Shidou, you ready?"