Chapter 44 - Kotori Date Part 1

Carrying the bag that contained new swimsuits and towels Shidou stood near the Pachi statue in front of the east entrance of Tengu station.

Next to him, Syouji supported his head with a hand as he let out a groan. Due to yesterday's incident where he lost consciousness, he awoke to find himself in <Fraxinus>'s Medical bay.

Although they did basic checks as well as an IV drip, he could still feel some pain in his head.

<Are you alright?>

At this moment, Kannazuki's voice rang out from the intercom. That was to be expected as Kotori was unable to give orders, so Kannazuki had to take charge.

"I'm fine." Syouji replied.

"Are you sure?" Shidou questioned with a worried expression.

"I really am fine you know? There's no need to worry you two." Syouji spoke as the corner of his mouth curved as he showed a reassuring smile although, it was a bit strained. Then, *PA!* Syouji used both of his hands to slap his cheeks, reaffirming his resolve.

Although, he was worried about what happened yesterday, but now was not the time to be thinking about that. No matter what, one of them had to accomplish the capture of Kotori by today.

It's a massive task, but if it failed, then Kotori's consciousness would be devoured by the power of the Spirits. There's no room to be careless here.

"Let's just do this darn thing already. Let the date begin." Syouji said and upon this Shidou replied with a nod.

<Have you memorized the plan? We will provide assistance from our side. Don't worry, you are the playboy with a sister complex. Show someー>

"That is uncalled for! Sensei, when I get back up there, you're going to get it!"

"...Haa"

Hearing Kannazuki and Syouji bicker caused Shidou to smile bitterly as his twin groaned in annoyance. At that moment, Reine's monotonous voice was heard from the intercom.

<......It seems like Kotorj has reached the surface. She should be arriving at your location. She should be arriving at your location soon. I'll leave the rest to you.>

".....uh, alright."

"Understood."

Syouji took in deep breaths and not too long after, a figure walked over from the streets.

Wearing a short-sleeved T-shirt decorated with short frills over a short one-piece dress and carrying a bag with her swimsuit in her hand. She had long hair tied into two bunches with black ribbons.

Although they haven't met in two days, he felt like the situation was slightly off. It could be because she was still the Kotori that he knew, but for some reason, he could feel something off with her.

"Hey there, Kotori."

"Yo! What's up Kotori."

Shidou and Syouji greeted as Kotori replied whilst nodding her head.

...........Following that, was silence.

<.....Shin, Shun. Why are you silent. First of all, you shouldー>

The same time Reine spoke, Kotori let out an exasperated sigh.

"Staying silent after meeting a girl who put effort into dressing up? I should have taught you two better than this, right?"

"Oh Yeah sorry, I was just... You look great, Kotori."

Syouji said, giving a thumbs up. At that time—