Vol. 4 Chapter 38 -Itsuka Sister

"Ara, ara, this is oh so, scary Syouji-san." Kurumi showed a sinister smile and approached Syouji. in response Syouji took a step back, realizing something crucial.

ーHey hold on a minute, I don't know how to use my Angel... What do I do?

....[I'll take care of it.]

The voice said as knowledge about his Spiritual power rushed into Syouji's head. Then, feeling odd at the tingling sensation his brain was feeling at that moment, he put a hand on his head.

"Guh.... At least warn me first." Syouji groaned in pain.

ー[The headache wasn't my doing]

Syouji his arm in the air and shouted.

"Come! [Asklepios]"

"Ara, what's thisー"

Kurumi was in the middle of her words when suddenly, a ball of light appeared in Syouji's hand and slowly formed into a long stick. No- It was a staff. A seemingly plain old staff.

"A staff? this is my angel? You've gotta be joking with me!"

ー[Well, that's part of it yes. However, there's more to it than just that, you know. Besides, didn't you go through military training? Fight with a staff.]

"Right~ Then, let's get started, shall we?" Kurumi raised her handgun towards Syouji as he grasped the staff in his hand and rushed towards Kurumi.

In response to this, Kurumi vanished from his sight and appeared behind Syouji, who quickly delivered a kick to her hand, causing her to shoot in an obscure angle, as the bullet-like shadow, tore through Syouji's Astral dress and grazed his shoulder.

"Agh!" Syoujij let out a pained cry. "What kind of Astral dress is this..."

ー[What? you expected it to be like armor in your level of power? don't be ridiculous.]

ーWhatever... Takamiya-san

Upon this exchange of inner voices, Syouji took a deep breath to increase his focus.

"Ara, are you tired already? Kihihihi, then I think it's time to end this."

Kurumi said in a playful tone as she licked her lips. Syouji took a step back, squeezing his angel, as he thought of what to do.

However, before he could even formulate a plan, Kurumi unleashed an assault of attacks and pointed her gun towards Syouji, before firing at him, while he couldn't do anything but dodge.

"What is... What is happening?"

"Syouji is..."

Shidou and Origami said in a perplexed voice. However, amongst the two Tohka seemed to be the only one who understood.

"Umu... I don't know, but Syouji is at a disadvantage. He doesn't seem to know how to use his angel and is up against Kurumi who has more experience with hers." Tohka commented.

Syouji was indeed struggling to fight back against Kurumi who had a better understanding of how to use her angel, compared to Syouji who not only had the disadvantage of inexperience but also combat-wise.

Sure, he had combat training, but they didn't exactly teach him how to fight against someone who had an angel.

It was just basic hand-to-hand training, with the occasional lesson on how to use certain weapons and CR-Units in case he needed to use one.

Then, as Syouji kept dodging Kurumi's attacks, his <danger sense> detected danger from below him.

However, before he could react to this, a shadow appeared on the ground underneath him as several white hands emerged from it and grabbed his legs.