Chapter 65.4 - Tanabata festival part 2

"Syouji-san... where are you?"

It was evening and under the twilight glow, Yoshino was walking through the shopping district.

The small figure of the girl was hidden under the straw hat's large brim with her blue hair flowing with the wind as [Yoshinon] the puppet rested on her hand.

"It's been a few hours since I made him buy food. At this point, I'm getting kinda worried."

Next to her, Shidou said that with a worried look as sweat rolled down his cheek.

"Yeah, that's right, did something happen to him..."

"Hmph— He can take care of himself. In fact, he's probably just mulling over what to get for dinner in front of one of the stalls. Tch— That indecisive idiot. Let's find him quickly and go home."

At that moment, the two girls walking in front of them spoke up. One of the girls had hair as dark as night, a girl with crystal-like eyes— Tohka.

The other girl had her hair tied into two ponytails with black ribbons, having a haughty expression—Kotori.

That's right, originally dinner was supposed to be at the Itsuka residence, but Syouji who had left earlier to buy dinner ingredients has yet to return and is unable to be contacted.

As such, Yoshino, Shidou, as well as Tohka and Kotori who were worried set out together to the shopping district to find him.

"Shidou, Shidou."

"Hm? What is it Tohka? Did you find Syouji?"

"No, I haven't... I just wanted to know, what is that?"

Saying that, Tohka pointed in the direction of the street. Over there, numerous bamboo were placed alongside the street.

For some reason, the branches of the bamboo had countless strips of paper attached onto them.

"Ah, those are wishing Tanzaku. That means that today is Tanabata."

"Tanzaku? Tanabata?"

"That's right. Tanabata's custom is to write your wishes onto strips of paper called Tanzaku and hang them on the bamboo, then supposedly, your wishes would be granted."

"—! W-What did you say...!"

Hearing Shidou's explanation, Tohka's eyes started to glow as she turned towards Kotori.

"Ko....Kotori!"

"....Alright, alright. It's okay, you two can go give it a try."

"Oh— Isn't that great Tohka?"

"Y-Yeah!"

Kotori expressed her approval as though she had seen through everything, Tohka on the other hand, nodded her head vigorously before taking Shidou's hand and forcefully dragging him towards the bamboo.

Then, upon looking at that scene, Kotori turned her gaze towards Yoshino.

"If that's the case, then Yoshino should go as well."

"Eh... Can I go too...?"

"Yeah, of course. Although it's a different case altogether whether it will come true or not, since this comes once a year, you should go experience it for yourself."

"Al-alright...!"

As such, Yoshino followed Kotori to the main street, retrieving two free Tanzaku, taking up the organizer's pen and she wrote down her wish alongside [Yoshinon].