Chapter 31 - Uncertain plans

Syouji was in a place engulfed in darkness, where he could not even tell if his eyes were open or closed. However, somehow he could tell that he was in a sitting position and in a place filled with an uncomfortable silence, Syouji spoke up.

"Hello?" He called out into the seemingly endless void.

ーYes? What is it?

"Holy crap I didn't think anyone would respond..."

Syouji said suddenly felt a sense of deja vu. This has definitely happened once before. It was during the time when he "died". This means that this person might be...

"Who.... Takamiya?"

ーTakamiya... Shinji. Nice to meet you. The connection is finally strong enough for you to talk to me.

"Connection?"

ーI believe you call it "Paths"

"You mean the path that connects to the spirits?"

ーYes, but this particular path is special.

The voice stated as Syouji froze, baffled and confused at the things that were said. What did the voice mean by that, he wondered.

"Excuse me? What makes it so special then?"

ーInstead of it being a connection to the spirits, it should be more like an inward connection that connects [The other world] to yours.

"The other world?" Syouji asked, but more questions came into his head as he sighed in frustration. Takamiya.

That was the last name of that girl who proclaimed to be a part of their family. If that's the case, then what does this mean?

ーDon't worry about it for now. Rather, we should talk about the most important thing at the moment. Your body is changing.

"Oh please, not the birds and the bees talk."

ーThis isn't that, but your body really is changing. To start, the next time you feel a heat in your chest, focus on bringing it out and spreading it throughout your body and pushing it outwards.

"And what would that do?"

ーYou will simply see when it happens... That should be it for now, since you're waking up.

"Huh? Wait a minute, I still have questions."

Syouji called out, however he felt his body being dragged away and as the surroundings began getting brighter he started steadily seeing a person closely resembling Shidou standing there.

ーOh and remember, with enough confidence... you can bend even reality itself.

hearing him say that, Syouji felt something soft touch his forehead and at that moment, his body jolted up as his eyes shot up.

The room had gotten messy and he noticed the Tobiichi body pillow was thrown across the room. Syouji quickly tidied up and got out to get ready for school. His body was covered in sweat from what seemed like a dream.

Then, when he arrived in school, he walked around the corridor, contemplating what happened at home moments before.

"I have to... bring it out...?"

Syouji let out a sigh, forming different theories on what those words truly meant.

However, one stood out. Occasionally, he would feel a heat envelope my chest at certain times. Perhaps that's what he meant.

At that time, his thoughts were interrupted as the bell rang and vibrated in his eardrums. The time was now 8:30 AM the time for homeroom to start. Syouji quickly ran to class and sat down as Shidou gave him a questioning look.