Chapter 21 - Yoshinon puppet

Syouji was sent to the ground by the teleporter and was adjusting his bracelet and intercom making sure that they worked. Then, the person next to him, ーItsuka Shidou, spoke up.

"Whew... so, this is the place right?" He said.

"Yeah, I think so. Kotori?" Syouji followed as she groaned a bit.

<Yeah. The spirit is already inside the building. Don't make a mistake with the first contact.>

She said and at that moment, the bracelet on Syouji's wrist vibrated. He checked what it was and it seems a scan feature was sent to his bracelet that was left under "Settings"

"....Understood." Shidou muttered.

Sweat was rolling down his cheek, which he promptly wiped away as he brought his hand down and away from the intercom on his ear. He was breahing heavily and had a strained expression on his face.

"Shi-bro... breathe. You need to calm down. I'm here with you, remember that." Syouji pointed out as Shidou nodded.

"Right." Saying so, he took several deep breaths and pat his chest with his hand.

<Will you two get on with it?> Kotori demanded.

"Shut up. I'm easing his nerves. You wanna overwork him? He wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for me." Syouji said with a confident chuckle.

"Let's just go Syouji." Shidou said with a reassuring smile.

And so, they walked through the halls of the department tower, which was just outside the shopping district. It seems the spirit [Hermit] has a high appearance rate.

By using movement pattern statistics and also incorporated the results of Reine's analysis, it could be possible to estimate the Spirits most probable route.

Of course, due to the ASTs movements, there might be a chance that the route would change. If that happens, they would have to retreat and head towards the next predicted location.

Additionally, The ASTs equipment, the CR-unitsー are not suitable for indoor combat. So naturally, there might be a chance that they might smoke the building, just as they did to Tohka. But for the time being, they should be waiting for [Hermit] to move on her own.

And so, during this time, without the AST knowing, the twins could sneak into the battlefield and talk to the spirits, even if it is only for a brief moment.

Syouji followed the signature indicated on the screen of the bracelet, which had expanded. There were several dots surrounding them, but they were faint meaning they were not in the area.

There were two pulasating rings, indicating their location. Then, he noticed that Shidou had began to lag behind.

"Shidou?"

"Hm? Ahー it's nothing. I just... I can't believe this is actually happening." He said letting out a deep sigh.

"Yeah? I understand how you feel. Sometimes, I just wish I could go back to the time where I wasn't forced to step on a handsome guy while dressed up as a woman for "punishment"."

"A-Are you okay?"

"Yeah. He's a bit weird, but he'sー"

As Shidou and Syouji spoke while walking, the bracelet began vibrating furiously. He looked at the screen and right there, a dot was dangerously close to their location.

"Shidou, it's here. Be on the look out..." At the very moment Syouji said that, a shrill voice echoed from above.

"ーYou. Hav' ya come to bully Yoshinon too?"