Chapter 27 - Reckless duo

"UUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"

The alarm echoed as Tohka woke up in the deepest room located on the second floor of the Itsuka house. She raised her head up as a loud knock was heard from the door.

"Tohka! We have to go!" on the other side of that door was Shidou who was in a panicking state.

Tohka raised her body as explosions were heard. She opened the window as the house shook.

At that moment, Tohka shivered from the cold air that rushed into the room. The surrounding temperature was dropping as Tohka frowned while looking around as the knicking got louder.

"What is happening?" As she looked outside, one side of her view was raining. What's more the moment the rain touched the ground it would turn into ice.

"This is...... A spacequake?" The scene in front of her was different from was different from what Tama-chan said. That's why, she has to hurry and evacuate the shelter, but that would mean opening the door where Shidou was knocking.

Then, as the knocking got quiter, Shidou was standing outside and pressed his forehead against the door.

"Tohka! Please.... That girl is just the same as you... She is also a spirit. She also holds powers she can't do anything about it. She's been hurting all this time."

Tohka stood there shocked as her heart squeezed.

"It's not that I care about her more, but I want to save her."

Tohka was about to turn away and approach the door, but at that moment outside the window, A white blur passed by with tremendous speed. Then, following that blur was a group of people chasing after it.

"The mecha-mecha group... That girl is....?"

Having realized the situation, Tohka approached the door and swung it open, revealing Shidou who had a dumbfounded face but was soon replaced by a smile.

"I'm sorry" Tohka said while drooping down her gaze. "I forgot what kind of man you really are."

"Eh? No it's fine really, but importantly, I need your help."

"You want to save that girl right? Then, let's go."

Tohka said as Shidou nodded and turned as he got out of the house. Then, when Tohka got next to him he looked at her and held her hand before poking the intercom as a beam of light surrounded them.

Meanwhile, Syouji was in [Fraxinus] looking at the screen. The town he had memorized like the back of his hand was turned into a winter wonderland. Furthermore, it wasn't snow accumulating, it was ice.

"So this is Yoshino's power huh?".

"That's right" Kotori said while repositioning the lollipop with her tongue. "Leaving that aside, what were you doing in there? You took your time leaving the room. You didn't do anything weird in there did you? You even crushed the camera."

"Hmm? Ah well, let's just say I wish I had stayed for a little while longer." Syouji said as Kotori raised her eyebrows.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" she said as Syouji shrugged. Kotori was about to speak, but at that moment, a sound was heard from the bridge and the voice of Shidou and Tohka was heard.

"So, what the heck is going on?"

"Fumu... Syouji, you're here? And Kotori too?"

"Did you not hear the alarm? It's Yoshino. Also, what are you doing bringing her in here?" Kotori questioned as Shidou stiffened his posture.