Chapter 48 - The truth

It was the same as the other times when Shidou sealed Tohka and Yoshino, the same feeling when the power of the spirits had been sealed within his body.

But, at that moment—

".......Ku—!"

A few days back, when Kotori's powers were retrieved. The same phenomenon as that time. Hazy memories entered his head, as if he was seeing visions, causing his eyebrows to twitch slightly.

—That day, Kotori's surroundings was covered in flames. Those flames spread themselves onto the surroundings the same time Kotori let out a cry.

[Aa.. Aaaaaahhh—!]

Towards the park. Towards that house. Towards that building. Spreading to the stores next to them.

Just as it was intending to consume the entire street that Kotori was at, ruthlessly, violently.

At that moment, a ray of light came from above and struck the ground, the [Person] disappeared in front of her eyes.

However, the current Kotori did not have the strength left to care about that.

The pain of being burned and tortured spread themselves out throughout her entire body. The flames that were swirling around Kotori, poured out as though being shot by a flamethrower.

[Eh.... W-What is this...]

After the sensation of pain that assaulted her entire body finally calmed down, she looked at her surroundings— The scenery that used to be reflected in Kotori's eyes have been completely razed.

[Aa, aa, Aah...]

Kotori's favorite home, her favourite park, her favourite street, were all burning.

It was evident that this was done by her hand. The flames that had shrouded around Kotori, had razed everything around her to the ground.

[Stop... Stop it...]

Despite her pleas, the strength of the flames did not seem to have decreased. On the other hand it seemed to be ignoring Kotori's intentions as it continued to grow in size. Kotori's face was streaked in tears, huge drops fell from her eyes.

[Nii-sama... O... Onii-chan...]

[Kotori!]

—At this moment,

A set of familiar voices entered Kotori's ears.

Thhose two voices that Kotori wished to hear.

Turning around, in the location where the flames had turned into a barren land, was Shidou's figure. Following behind him, was Syouji who was breathing heavily.

[Uu, aa,Ah, N-Nii-sama... Onii-chan, Onii-chan...!]

Her two hands wiped the tears that stuck to her face, she called out.

However, the instant Shidou intended to get closer to Kotori, the flames that wrapped around Kotori started to swell and bulge.

[—!]

Kotori froze. At this rate, if this continues—

[Don't come any closer—!]

[Eh?]

Shidou made a sound, but was kicked towards a wall, by Syouji which resulsulted in his leg getting roasted and slowly turning to ash. However, despite this he still made the effort to crawl towards Shidou.

[Nii-sama!]

Kotori was barely able to move her pained legs, running towards the twins.

The twins were both in critical condition. Syouji's leg was charred black and the area below his abdomen looked like it was melting off his body. The other areas have been badly burnt. Below him, Shidou's head was bleeding and his left arm was burnt from the flames.