Chapter 110 - Confinement

"—I heard she's awake?!"

The door opened and Syouji raised his high pitched voice. Right now, even though the others already turned back, he alone remained in his child form.

The room he was in, there were many gauges and a giant monitor installed in it.

"Aah, that was fast, Syouji"

As if to respond to Syouji's voice, a chair placed in the center of the room turned around and the girl sitting on it faced towards him. That girl was his sister, Kotori.

"Hn...? Kotori, what happened to your face?"

When he looked carefully, he saw pale lines on Kotori's face. That's right. It was like she was scratched by a cat.

Kotori [Ahh....] scratched her cheek.

"Well.... Syouji, please be careful." She said that.

"No, from what....... No, that's not important. Where is Natsumi?"

"Follow me— over here."

Syouji left the room while being urged by Kotori and the sound of her footsteps echoed in the corridor which has a wider width than <Fraxinus>.

This was the first time he came here, but the facility looks like it was ade like the place he used during the time he pinned down Natsumi's identity a few days ago.

It seems <Ratatoskr> possess several facilities like this in order to prepare for various situations. A few days ago, after Kotori and the girls picked up Natsumi with the <Fraxinus>, she was moved to this facility and went through examinations and treatment.

It was hard to say that the wound she got from Ellen was light by any means, but luckily it was not something life-threatening so she survived, barely holding on to her consciousness.

"—There's that problem with Ellen and we really want to keep her in <Fraxinus>, but as expected, there is no way we can leave a Spirit that has not gotten sealed yet there."

While walking through the corridor, Kotori said that while taking a glance at Syouji, who was a bit shorter than her.

"Here." Kotori suddenly stopped. Right in front of them, he saw a solid door there.

Kotori then input the number on the terminal installed beside the door with familiar movements and hit her hand on it. When she did that, a digital rhythmical tone was produced and the door slid open.

"Go on, Syouji." When Kotori said that, [Good boy] she could not hold back the urge to pat his head.

"Hey! Just because you turned back?! Don't treat me like a—"

"—but you are a child."

"W-W-Wha—"

When Kotori said that with a triumphant look, she pushed Syouji in with no resistance due to his child-like body.

The room he was in now was a dimly lit room, lined with several typed of machines and in the middle, a solid-looking glass dividing the room could be seen there. It was most likely the quarantine space of the facility.

On the bed placed inside, there was one girl distorting her face unhappily and playing with a doll while sitting down.

"That's Natsumi...." Syouji quietly called her name.

Her head was covered with bed hair, and had unhealthy pale white skin. Her back was low and her arms and legs were thin like branches. Even so, Syouji still thought she was quite cute looking like that.