Vol. 2 Chapter 15 - School dynamic

The weekend had passed and it was now Monday. Inside the school building completely rebuilt by the Restoration Forces, a sizable number of students had already gathered.

That day Syouji had collapsed and after he opened his eyes, he found himself lying in <Fraxinus>'s infirmary.

Then, he went through an extensive medical check in that facility, but ever since he had fallen unconscious, he hadn't been able to catch a glimpse of Origami.

He tried visiting her at the hospital, but Even when he demanded to talk to her, the only response he got was that she was undergoing treatment, so even until the very end he was not able to even take a look at her.

"...Ahh." Syouji's mind wandered as a warmth enveloped his body. Then, he saw Shidou Silently, touch his lips, blushing slightly, which made him smirk. At that moment, a familiar voice of a male student called out.

"...That's seriously disgusting. What are you doing Shidou?"

"-!!T-Tonomachi. If you're there then give off some presence." Suddenly being talked to, Shidou returned his head to its original posture.

"He did actually. You were just too busy daydreaming you little sucker fish." Syouji said, shaking his head and let out a sigh.

"Yeah... I did, a normal amount. In fact I even called out to you. Plus, Syouji wouldn't talk to me. If you let me get lonely then I'll die you know."

Saying this, he straddled the empty seat in front and thrust his elbows on Shidou's desk.

"Then, die right here Tonomachi. Die for his sake you mongrel."

Syouji said with a scoff. Then, realizing what he just said, he somewhat figured out where Kotori got her attitude from.

"No, I didn't know. Anyways, go back to your own seat. It's going to be homeroom soon." Shidou spoke, gesturing for Tonomachi to go away.

"It's fine. Tama-chan's going to be a bit late anyways." Tonomachi said with a shrug.

"Jeez... she's still our teacher. You should stop with that nickname that sounds like a cat or maybe a seal." Shidou scolded.

"Hahaha! Yes, Tama-chan the seal... I like that one. It's cute" Syouji said with a chuckle

"Haha yeah, it's cute, so isn't it fine? our ages are apart, but she's still completely in my strike zone." Tonomachi said as Syouji shivered upon that thought.

"Dude... trust me, you do not want to go there." Syouji said with a scoff, as Tonomachi put on an exasperated expression.

"Ahh yeah... then propose to her. She'll probably accept." Shidou said, while visibly cringing. It seems, he had gotten traumatized from their last encounter.

"Huh? What are you two talking about?" Then, at that time the door of the classroom slid open with a rattling sound, and Shidou's shoulders shook slightly.

"What the?" Syouji looked on in interest and Instantly, the classroom was abuzz. But that was to be expected. After all, Tobiichi Origami had come to school wrapped all over with bandages.

"......did she get surgery? Holy crap she looks horrible."

Syouji muttered and with all the gazes in the classroom gathered on Origami, she slowly approached with uncertain steps until she was right in front of him.

"Uh... eh, H-hey, Tobiichi, I'm glad you're doing well, but shouldn't you be-"

Syouji stammered awkwardly, but suddenly Origami disappeared from his field of view. Syouji looked down a bit and saw Tobiichi giving a deep bow.