Volume 11 - Chapter 126 - The Devil and the AI

"Hnn...."

Syouji opened his eyes, while grunting. It seems Syouji was lying down on the bed while hugging a body pillow.

"Fuaaaa...."

Syouji leaked one sleepy yawn before turning around on the bed and raised his body. He looked around the room he was in.

There was nothing unusual. It was his usual room. It was his usual furniture, wall, floor, and ceiling. Next to him should be a body pillow which should have the figure of that person, but when he looked...

"Wha....."

Something was off as Syouji blinked his eyes. It was not in fact a Tobiichi Origami body pillow, but rather, it was a body pillow of Tonomachi Hiroto making a lewd expression. Seeing that, Syouji immediately started tearing through the pillow reducing it to shreds, especially in the face area.

Thinking back, he did not even remember how he went to bed yesterday. At this point—

"Ah so, it was a dream the whole time, of course...!" Syouji eclaimed as he pounded his hand with his face as if reaching a conclusion. "All of that magical girl stuff, that thing with me having powers, was all a dream all along!"

When he said that with a proud look, Syouji nodded to himself proudly. Of course, indeed it was all just a dream.

There was no way that he went on an adventure with a time-travelling magical girl. If that were the case, then that would mean he was in an anime.

"Ah, moreover that voice in my head was probably all just my imagination, huh? Of course! I still live a perfectly normal and happy life with my twin brother. It was all just a dream a nightmare. There's no way a guy like me could die over and over and over and over and over again just because of some divine duty."

—[........Err, I hate to break it to you but it was all real.]

"Well, crap."

—So then, Kurumi's time powers finally ran out?

—[Well yes.... Moreover, her connection with you was severed.]

—Why?

—[....She annoyed me. This is the only reason I require.]

—O-Oh, okay. Then what about Origami?

When he asked that in his head, the voice stopped for a moment, as if he was hesitating to speak.

—[.............She's alive.]

—Well yes, of course she's alive. What about her parents?

—[.......You saved them.]

When he felt like Shinji was hiding things from him, Syouji decided to bring the conversation elsewhere. Thinking back, Shinji talked to <Phantom> as if it was a familiar figure to him. There was definitely a connection there.

—And, what about <Phantom>? You seemed to know her... and she seemed to know you. What's going on with that, Shinji.

—[......Haa] Shinji let out a sigh in his head. [I'll tell you what I can say... back there, she was using a different form, yes. That wasn't her real self. Rather, she was using the appearance of Rinne.]

"Rinne, huh.... who's Rinne."

—[....That's not important.]

—Then, I'll ask you this directly.... who is my mother?