Chapter 50.1 - A Sudden Bewilderment

"Haa... Haa..." Syouji was breathing heavily.

He was tired and frustrated, But even so, he kept attacking the person in front of him. It was a foreigner with blonde hair and they were wearing a Combat Realizer Unit.

Syouji would attack him, but that man would easily block his weapon and counterattack, hitting him in the stomach causing him to stumble backwards.

At this moment, Syouji was fighting Kannazuki while wearing his own CR-Unit. About a week ago, <Ratatoskr> had implanted a realize into his brain. They told him not to use his angel in order to get Syouji used to the harsh aftermath of using his Spirit powers.

The CR-unit he was wearing was purple in color and had White color outlining it. In his hand, he held a blade coated with Maryoku which sharpened it as it gave a hum. He had a visor which had a wolf-like design.

This was <Fenrisulfr>, the personal CR-unit <Ratatoskr> had provided him with.

"Sensei... I can't do it." Syouji muttered in a breathless state.

"Don't say you can't now, Shuu-kun. I know you can do it. You've fought <Nightmare> before right?." Kannazuki replied with a gentle voice.

"Yeah, but that was different. I was defending myself and Shidou at the time."

"I that so? Well then, what if you were to imagine Shidou's life being in danger now?"

Upon those words, Syouji closed his eyes and imagined Shidou getting hurt. The feeling of not being able to do anything and the pressure of being weak even when he had the power and strength to fight.

"Okay... Here I go!"

Syouji charged at Kannazuki and swung at him, but Kannazuki effortlessly dodged it and counterattacked by kneeing him on the stomach.

"You're being too predictable. You have to keep calm to think ahead." Kannazuki instructed as Syouji took a deep breath.

"Puu....."

And so— he rushed at Kannazuki once more, this time with the intent to actually harm him. Upon that, Kannazuki cracked a smirk and blocked his attacks, easily predicting his movement.

"You're still—"

Kannazuki was in the middle of talking when suddenly Syouji's foot connected with his face, making his lip bleed. Despite that, Syouji kept relentlessly attacking him, not once letting his guard down.

For a brief moment, Kannazuki seemed like he was being pushed back, but quickly recovered and started exchanging blows with Syouji as their blades clashed.

He tried to get the upper hand, However, following his instructions, Syouji was always one step ahead of him and began to overpower him while being calm and analytical, constantly thinking ahead.

However—

*Kachink*

It was the sound of his blade being hit out of his hands, disarming him. Despite that, he kept going and jumped back with a flip, retrieving it from the ground and swiftly counterattacked, with his blows becoming faster.

Upon that— Kannazuki showed a pleasant smile as he chuckled before once again completely disarming Syouji who fell to the ground.

"It's really no use..."

"No no, you did great that time. You actually pushed me back for a moment there. Your calculating nature is really dangerous."

"You think so...?"