Chapter 89 - Darling

"Eh..." Miku leaked her voice.

The twins went in between Miku and Tohka to block an attack from Nahema as Shidou raised his left hand up and made a barrier of cold air.

"......?"

The surrounding temperature dropped and white mist were floating around. Small crystals of condensed water were floating in the air and were melting when they touched Miku's skin.

"Yo...... Miku, you okay?" Shidou took a glance at Miku.

"W.... hy...." She tried to speak, but couldn't use her voice well.

Shidou dispersed the wall of cold air and opened his mouth.

"I.... promised."

".......eh?"

Miku brought her eyebrows closer at Shidou's words and twitched her shoulders, placing a hand on her mouth as she started trembling and tears fell from her eyes.

"Ah..."

There was a numb feeling in the depths of her throat. Miku was sobbing softly while unconsciously extending her hand to Shidou's hand.

The moment her finger touched Shidou's hand, she looked up at Syouji who had a gentle smile on his face.

Why?

Even though she touched the body of a male that would make her feel like puking, even with a finger touch, nothing displeasing was coming up when she touched Shidou.

Furthermore, for some reason, Syouji's smile no longer seemed annoying. Then, In an instant, Syouji put on a serious expression and turned his attention back at Tohka.

At this point, she noticed something off.

Tohka, who released that attack just now, was pressing her forehead with her left hand and was groaning painfully.

"Uu..... Shidou.... Syouji...."

"........."

Miku heard Tohka's words and frowned her eyebrows slightly. She certainly said their names just now. Is it possible that her memories are returning...?

"Uuーaaahhhhh!"

Tohka shouted as she stabbed <Nahema> in her left hand into the ground and swung her left hand at the blade.

"Aーguh...."

A huge wound was formed on the left hand which had bits Astral Dress torn off by Ellen's attack and blood was flowing down profusely.

Tohka glared at Shidou and Syouji with bloodshot eyes and pulled out <Nahema> which was wet with her blood.

"Such trickery.... Are you trying to mislead me?!"

After saying that, Tohka kicked the ground to fly up to the sky and swung her giant sword up to the sky.

"Understoodー then with this attack, I will obliterate you without even any dust left!"

A ripple appeared in the void where she did that and a giant throne appeared there. It then separated in the sky and started covering the sword Tohka was carrying.

Each time the throne's fragments fused, black particles would scatter around while the sword turned bigger and malicious.

When the last fragment fused with the sword, the tip was thrust to the sky as though it was going to cut the moon.

"—with my [Paverschlev]......!!!"

Tohka made a roaring declaration as Nahema's true form appeared.