Dean X Reader ~I could've saved Him~

"God Damnit kid don't go in the water" I screamed as Dean, Sam, Me, a cop and the kids mother all ran through the forest as we saw the little boy stick his hand in the water. I was in the lead, so I ran as fast as I could reaching the little pond as hand appeared and dragged the boy under water. I ran onto the dock and drove right in, by now my lungs were on fire as I started to grope around the dirty water trying to find him. I felt a body beneath me so I swam down farther until I felt the limbs, instantly I grabbed onto him and started to swim up to the surface. I knew I was losing air so I swam harder and harder, as my lungs grew weaker. I knew I had to safe this little boy no matter how much pain I'm in I have to do it, for him and his mother. By now my legs were also on fire but thankfully I started to see the light going closer to me as I made it up to the surface.

I let out a gasp of air as surfaced, I heard Dean and Sam, telling the mother to stay back as I started to swim to shore. Once I reached the sand I placed the boy down and started to do CPR, I heard the mother letting out sobs as I started to do chest compressions. "Come on little dude." I gasped as I tilted his head back and pinched his nose. I then started to give him breathes of my air into this mouth doing two at a time. After that I did more chest compressions. "Come on buddy." I pleaded. In the corner of my eye I saw the cop place his fingers to the boys pulse point was and shook his head.

"He's gone." He said in a quiet tone. I looked up to the mother as loud sobs escaped her mouth. "Y/n?" "Y/n?, sweetheart whats wrong?" I stared over at the mother as she craddled her dead son. "I'm so sorry." I said as I stood up and walked away from everyone. "Y/n, wait up!" I heard Dean yell behind me, as he ran towards me. "Go away!" I yelled as I felt him place his hand on my shoulder, I turned around on my and shouted."DEAN JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" He took a step back. "Just leave me alone." I whispered as I started to walk to the impala.

I heard the boys following behind me as I made it to the car, and opened the back door and sat inside quietly. "Y/n, sweetheart why aren't you up here with me." I looked up at Dean in the rear view mirror quietly before looking back down at my hands. "Dean, just leave her alone." "Sam, she's my girlfriend." "I literally heard her scream at you to leave her alone." I heard Dean huff as he turned the key as the car became alive.

About an hour later we made it to a small town in search of a cheap motel to stay in for the night. Once Dean found one he pulled into the parking lot and got out along with Sam. I felt tears brim my eyes as I thought of what had happened to that poor boy. But as casual me, I sucked it up and thought positive things.

"Alright sweetheart we have a room to ourselves and Sammy has a room next door." Dean said as he grabbed his phone from the car. I got out of the car and grabbed my stuff from the trunk and followed Dean to our room. Dean held the door open for me as we entered the small room that had one single bed in near the wall. Besides the bed was two night stands that had lamps on it along with an alarm clock. I walked over to the bed and sat down, as Dean did the same thing. "I'm gonna take a shower." I announced as I picked out at shirt and shorts and walked to the bathroom.

Once I was done with the shower I walked back out to the bedroom and saw Dean on the bed with his arms crossed. He noticed me entering the room so he sat up in bed with a concern look. "Y/n, your not ok. I know that look." "I'm fine Dean, really." I crawled into the bed as he wrapped his arms protectively around me. "I love you." He whispered into my ear as he planted a kiss on my neck. "Dean, I love you too." As I turned around in his arms facing him. He placed his hand on my cheek rubbing his thumb over it, while studying my face.

"Can I have a hug." I whispered. I felt him pull me close to him as i let the tears fall. "I could've saved him Dean, its all my fault." I cried into his chest. "Baby, its not your fault. You did what you could to save that boys life. Hell even the office said that in all of his years of patrolling he's never seen someone so good at doing CPR." "Really?" I croaked. "Really." I pulled away from his embrace as he looked at me. "Sweetheart don't let this shit get to you, because if you do it'll haunt you forever." I nodded as he planted a soft kiss on my lips.

"I love you." "I love you to Y/n. Now in the morning me and you are going to find a good burger joint and order a burger with fries of course, along with one piece of pie." "I'd love that Dean." I smiled. "Now come on let's get sleeping."