Sick

AN:Just to let you guys know,if the one shot is in 3rd person,it will most likely be in past tense,and if it's in 1st person,it will mostly likely be in present tense.

    Annabeth felt terrible. She was shivering continuously, her forehead felt hot,and she had a searing headache. She checked her temperature, and it was extraordinarily high.  With nothing else to do,she dialed Percy's number. He had left earlier that morning to get groceries,well before Annabeth woke up. (Thankfully,he left a note.) Percy picked up on the second ring.

"Percy?"

"Yeah Annabeth?Your voice sounds weird.Are you ok?"

"No seaweed brain. I'm sick. Could you come home as soon as possible?"

"Of course. I'm checking out just now. I'll be right over. Bye,love you."

"Love you too Percy. Bye." Annabeth said before the line went dead. She preoccupied herself by looking through her social media as she waited for Percy.

 Percy didn't leave her waiting for long. He called out for Annabeth as he opened the door,and  Annabeth gave it her best shot to respond from the spot on her bed. Percy entered the room and his face immediately looked concerned.

"It's just the flu. Nothing horrible." Annabeth told him.

"The flu! That's horrible! Oh no oh no..." Percy stated as he started pacing. 

"Percy you're being overdramatic." 

"No I'm not! You're sick Annabeth! I'm going to go make you some food. Be right back!" Percy said as he opened the door again. Annabeth gave a small smile at his kindness. Gods,she loved him. Percy returned soon with some soup and ice cream. 

"Want to watch a movie?" Percy asked as he set  the food beside the table. 

"Sure. Don't go near me though,I don't want you to get sick."

"Do you think I care?" Percy  smiled. He ignored her request and sat beside her on the bed. He grabbed a remote and wrapped a arm around her. 

"Ok Percy,but if you get sick,I am blaming it entirely on you for your stupid decisions." Annabeth told him as she melted into him. 

They decided they would watch some new Disney movie that just came out, but both of them weren't really focused on it. Annabeth used Percy's warmth to her advantage, and tried to get some sleep. While Percy  played with her hair or just looked at her,wondering how he got this lucky. Occasionally, Annabeth would go into a coughing fit, and Percy would help her through it. After one of the badder  ones, Annabeth said tiredly,

"Thank you Percy."

"For what?" Percy asked,mildly confused. 

"For just...being there. You were there when I needed a shoulder to cry on with the sirens. You were there for me when Luke died, even though he was not your favorite. And you're here for me now,when I'm lying sick and helpless is bed,  trying to sleep. I have never given  you much credit for how much you've done for me, so I wanted to do it now." Annabeth said in between coughs. 

The second Annabeth finished her speech,Percy kissed her.  It was a long,but sweet kiss. When the couple finally broke apart,Annabeth asked, "Why did you do that? Not that I'm complaining, but that just increases your chances of getting sick. Another stupid decision on your part seaweed brain." 

"I would rather be sick to be honest. Also,about what you said. Why  are you the one thanking me? I should be thanking you. You're just so...perfect. You're beautiful,you have a great sense of humor,super smart,and just an all around amazing person. Not to mention all the sacrifices you made for me. I love you Annabeth. I really do." Percy eyes twinkled as he said this. 

"I love you too Percy. Now,can you pass over the ice cream?" Annabeth asked. 

Percy laughed. "Anything for you wise girl." And he meant it. 

AN:wow 2 chapters in 1 day. Hope you enjoyed! 

-PandaDude