Alone

Bruh I just almost lost my account for the second time. Thank goodness I remembered my password.This is a kind of angst chapter, but not necessarily sad.WARNING:TRIALS OF APOLLO SPOILER. DO NOT READ THIS  IF YOU HAVENT READ THEM:

Percy's eyes fluttered open, staring off into the darkness. He noticed the digital clock illuminating their room. 3:53. The middle of the night. Great. Percy was used to it by now though. He did not have many nightmares anymore, but sometimes there would be a change in Annabeth's position,or  maybe his blanket was itching him. This time it was something else. Annabeth's position had changed, but not the  usual kick. Percy was the only one in the bed.

Percy pulled the covers off himself, and hastily got up. He knew Annabeth wouldn't leave the house, but he still wanted to know where she was. Snow was piling high outside their window on the cold winter night. Percy explored their apartment, looking for a certain blond haired girl.

He found his wife biting her nails in the living room, purple bags under her eyes. From crying or sleep deprivation, Percy didn't know. Probably both.

"Hey." He said quietly. 

She looked up, not showing a lot of emotion. "Hi."

"What happened?" Percy said as he sat down next to her,wrapping a arm around her shoulder.

"I woke up from a rare nightmare and couldn't go back to sleep. I didn't want to wake you so I went to get some water to calm my nerves." Annabeth responded, leaning into him.

"You should have woke me up." Percy said, kissing her cheek.

"I don't know, you just looked so peaceful. I didn't want to disturb you." Annabeth said. Percy could relate to that. When he had his own dreams, he would rarely wake up Annabeth because he didn't want to concern her or bother her.

"I understand." Percy whispered, and pulled her close to him. 

"You know Percy, sometimes I feel so alone.  I know you're there for me, but it hurts so much when I think about certain  stuff. Silena,Beckendorf,Ethan,(HERES THE SPOILER!),Jason, their all dead. And then Tartarus of course. We're only 25. It plagues my thoughts every single day thinking about these things.  No 25 year olds should go through this." Annabeth said, and she started tearing up again.

"I know wise girl. It hurts me too." Percy said,and  lightly dabbed her tears with his finger.

"Do you want to stay here for a while or go back to bed?" Percy said after a bit of silence. Annabeth was slow to respond, she was already drifting off in Percy's arms. 

"I'm comfortable here, but it's whatever you decide." Annabeth mumbled.

"I'm comfortable here too. Tell me if you have another nightmare." Percy said, and rested his head on her shoulder.

"Will do." Annabeth whispered. And added on a, "I love you Percy." 

"I love you too Annabeth. Just know that you are never going to be alone. Ever." Percy whispered back. 

Soon after,Percy heard Annabeth's breathing slow and realized she was asleep. Percy remained awake for a while. Just being in the moment with the person he loved. Percy pressed a soft kiss to Annabeth's lips, and promptly fell asleep.

Sorry if that was  really OOC.  Hope you enjoyed-

PandaDude