Jacques Barrett

I don't know what to say honestly. I just  checked my analytics, and I have readers from 16 different countries! 16! That's literally insane. Thank you so much to everyone who reads this garbage, I honestly didn't expect over 1k views ever.

        I drop off the older man at the parking garage near the  coffee shop be proposed. I  am going into my mid 30s, but this guy was at least in his late 60s. That is my usual customer anyways. People that need to go places, but are unable to drive.

I pull out of the garage, and head to the apartment complex where my next destination. I have to tell the person named "Percy" through text that I am late when I hit New York traffic. I groan, and lean back against the head rest. Taxi drivers deserved to be paid more.

I turn on the radio, and sway my head to the music as the long line of cars doesn't progress. Why did so many people have to live in New York City?

I expect this "Percy" to be a older gentleman so I try to be fast. (I have never heard the name Percy so I suspect it to be a older name) Older people were boom or bust. Either they were really patient or really impatient.

I finally break away from the traffic, and speed to the apartment. What could have been a 8 minute drive turned into a 31 one.

I pull up to the building, and the person who gets into the car is nowhere near a older gentleman. He looked to be around 17 or 18,with black hair and dazzling green eyes.

"Hey. I'm Jacques and I'll be your taxi driver for the ride. Where do you wish to go?" I say, looking through the rear view mirror. 

"Hey." He responds simply, and tells me the address looking out into the busy streets.

"Ok. That will be uh...63 minutes with the traffic situation." I tell him. It is a long drive, but I've done longer.

He nods, and lean backs. "I like your French accent by the way."

"Merci mec." I state in French.

"What does that mean?"

"Thank you man." I say,chuckling.

"Ah."

I continue through the streets of Manhattan, and Percy and I start a conversation. He is much nicer than I expected, and we talk about really anything.

"So, what is this place you're going to? It looks like an all girls private school." I ask.

"It's my girlfriends school. We're going to uh...go on a date near there. My car is in the repair shop so I had to hail a taxi."

"Ah." I understand. It is not everyday a teenage boy wishes to head to a all girls private school. But his reasoning seemed valid, and I trusted him.

It takes an extremely long time, but we finally reach the freeway and speed down the car pool lane.

"Do you have a family?" Percy questions, tapping his fingers rhythmically on the car window.

"Yes. A wife and one kid. Her name is Samantha."  I say pulling out a picture of my amazing daughter and showing it to him.

"Ooh. It reminds me of  my half sister. She looks just like her. Her names Estelle." Percy says, examine the photo.

"Beautiful name." I comment.

"Thanks. Everybody I know, especially my girlfriend, really likes her." He says.

I beam. The way he talks about his girlfriend made me oddly cheerful. He talked about her with such content. Reminds me of my wife and in our early dating phase.

The two of us talk for a bit more like we've known each other our entire lives. I learned a bit more about him, and he learned a bit more about me. A trade off. 

I turn off the engine exactly 62 minutes from the time we left.

"Have a great date."  I tell him.

"Thanks." Percy replies, and hands me the money and a 40% tip. (I was about to make Percy say "you too" and then I realized) 

I wave goodbye as Percy leaves the car. As I leave, I see him run into the arms of a blond girl. Must be his girlfriend.

Ah, the wonders of young love.

Honey, WHERES MY SUPER SUIT

Hope you enjoyed-

PandaDude