Royce Sampson(Part 2)

Btw, where Royce lived is in a town on Long Island Sound, not New York City

"You sure you don't want to call your parents?" Percy asks, his eyes still fixed on the road.

"They don't give a damn about me. They'll probably think I've finally run away. Probably relieved." I say.

"Why haven't you run away? It seems like an abusive household." Annabeth pipes in.

"It is. I didn't run away because where could I have gone? All my relatives live across the country.  I have no money. And the monsters creeped me out." I reply,  as the terrain outside the window turns more into farmland. 

"Ah, that's reasonable. Well, I hope your time at Camp Half Blood will be much better than life at your parents." Percy says, and we turn onto a dirt road. 

"Can I stay there? I mean, isn't it only for demigods?" I ask.

"Usually we don't take mortals in, but I believe we can make some arrangements given your circumstances." Annabeth tells me.

Percy turns off the engine in the bottom of the hill. The camp is supposedly at the top of the hill so I walk up intrigued, not exactly sure what I am going to see. 

My breath gets caught in my throat. The camp defies physics, logic, and reality. The sky is cloudy down on the road(doesn't really make sense because it's late august),but in the camp it's bright and sunny. Multiple cabins  are in the valley, but they all have a certain theme. A theme of a Greek god. 

Is that a flying horse?

Percy and Annabeth come to my side, smiles on their faces. I suspect they have had good memories in this place. I hope I do too. 

"Welcome to Camp Half Blood." Percy says. "We're lucky no monster found our trail." 

"Wait what," I stop in my tracks, "you're telling those things attack you on average?"

"Yeah. Sometimes every day other times once in a few months." Annabeth explains.

"Do...do they come in the camp?" I question, now a bit worried.

"No, there's a barrier. Come on, there's a film that will answer your questions." Annabeth adds on, and we head down the hill.

The 2 lead me to a barn house where a man in a wheelchair and a chubby old dude in a polo shirt sat.  Percy references to me, and tells him that I am "mortal and can only see through the mist." The man in the wheelchair asks why exactly I'm here, and they tell him I live in a toxic household.

Wheelchair man seems to consider that for a moment, and then stands up. Wait, stand up?

The man transforms into a horse, and I almost lose my balance. No, he's a half horse. His upper body is man, but his lower body is a long white stallion. A centaur.

"A little bit surprised,eh?" He says, and laughs. Annabeth whispers me to shake his hand, and I do warily. 

"Thank you, Percy and Annabeth.  You are free to go." The centaur says, and the two walk off, holding hands and laughing about something. 

The centaur motions me inside the barn house, and introduces himself. 

"I'm Chiron. Pleased to meet you."

"I'm Royce." I respond. I feel like I heard the name Chiron before, and it hits me.

"Oh, you're the centaur that trained all those hero's,correct?" 

"Yes, but that's a topic for a different time. First, I need to show you the introduction so some of your questions can be resolved." Chiron says, and leads me to a room with a  flat screen TV.

He grabs a remote, presses a button, and a film starts playing. I watch, intrigued, as multiple questions were still buzzing around in my mind.

After the film is done, and I feel like I have a good understanding of what's going on,I jog over to Chiron and the chubby guy again.

"Hey, do you know where Percy and Annabeth are? I want to thank them." I say, mainly asking Chiron.

"I believe they are at the beach-" Chiron starts, but is cut off by the chubby man. 

"They're making out in Percy's cabin. I should have turned them into muffins a long time ago." He says rudely. 

"Excuse me for my...erm...friend over here Royce, he's just in a bad mood. His name is Dionysus(die oh ny SUS), have you heard of him?" Chiron asks, and I almost lose my balance yet again.

"You're the  god of wine!" I exclaim. 

"Yes yes yes, now run along or you are going to be my next wine." He says, and I do as told. I didn't want to get on a gods bad side. 

"I believe they are actually at the beach." Chriron shouts as I leave, and I decide I trust him more than Dionysus. 

I find the couple at the beach, staring at the sunset, Percy's arm wrapped around Annabeth's shoulder. (Yes, this scene is just a few seconds after the end of the "I love you chapter" if you remember what's it's about. Royce's school starts before  New Rome does.)

"Hey, I don't want to interrupt you guys, but I just wanted to thank you.I've been bullied my whole life, and thank you so much for standing up for me when Victor approached me. It has been a long time since someone has done that for me. And to be honest, I already like this place a lot more than my home." I ramble on, and a rare smile appears on my face. 

"We we're just talking. And no problem,it's good to know you enjoy it here." Annabeth says. "I'll talk with Chiron to see if you can stay here."

"Thank you so much." I say, and leave them be. For the first time in my life, I am not stressed. I don't have to worry about my father slapping me if I don't cook well enough. I don't have to worry about Amanda laughing at me for a failing a test. I don't have to worry about Victor giving me a black eye for "looking punchable." 

I have finally found a home. 

muffins are nice

Hope you enjoyed-

PandaDude