Emma Meyers

Basically Kendra Emerson with some changes  

 The pencil broke in 2. It happened again. Annabeth Chase scored a 98% while I had a 94%. Why? Why did she always have to top me? Why did she always get the attention? Why did she always have to be better? Why was she so perfect? 

"Ms.Meyers, why are you snapping pencils with your hand?" Mrs.Golding asks me, a stern look on her face.

"Sorry Mrs.Golding." I say. "I just got a little distracted." 

"Well, please pay attention to the lesson. You never know what will be on the test." She responds, and fast walks to her spot at the front of the room. 

The class is looking at me warily, probably thinking how lucky I am for not getting detention. Mrs.Golding had a eagle eye, and she would call you out for dozing off or not paying attention. She also handed out detention slips like she was Oprah. (You get a card! You get a card! And you get a card!) 

I stay mad at Annabeth in silence, questioning Mrs.Goulding's grading techniques. Why does Annabeth always get 95% and up? Was she bribing the teachers? I mean, it was a private all girls school in New York, the teachers were already probably rich. 

I think of ways Annabeth could be cheating the system as the class comes to an end. I make sure to keep my eyes on Mrs.Golding though so she can't call me out again. 

The November air chills my body as I head to my next class. I find Annabeth Chase in my way. 

She's talking to someone on her phone,(monster proof)leaning against the wall. 

"The pizza place on Flint street at 4:00? (No idea if that's a real place) Ok. I'll be there. Love you." Annabeth said, and sighed happily. She ended the call before running to her own class. 

Annabeth saying "love you?" Sighing happily? Could this be her boyfriend? But Annabeth's boyfriend is supposedly like a hour's drive away. What if Annabeth  is  cheating in both school and on her boyfriend?  I smile slyly. I might be able to finally get dirt on Annabeth Chase.

The day flies by, and the next thing I know it's 3:47. I wear some sun glasses, a coat with a hood, and jeans. I take a camera too for pictures. I don't know exactly what I am looking for, but the school gossiper, Katrina, showed me pictures of what Annabeth's boyfriend looked like. He has brown hair, and blue eyes. I know I could trust Katrina,she has only lied like 17 times.

I walk silently to the pizza place, trying not to be noticed. I see Annabeth's figure sit down at a table just as I enter. Thankfully, the place is crowded so she doesn't notice me. Then, I notice him.

A boy. He is sitting directly across from Annabeth, and he laces their hands together. Oh crap. I fumble with my camera, taking a good shot of him. It would be weird if someone in shady clothes awkwardly stared at them. (Like taking photos of them isnt XD)

I run outside, and giddily look at the photo. The boy has black hair and green eyes! I jump up and down, practically skipping back to my dorm. Once the school knew about this, Annabeth's reputation would be ruined!

I kick off my shoes, not bothering to put them where my neat freak  roommate Janelle wanted me too. She is off at chess club or something anyways. 

I walk/jaunt over to my computer, and connect my computer's USB cord to the camera. Once I  upload the picture onto the computer, I add a fun little caption to it, and connect the cord to my printer. I smile wickedly as the  printer rolls out the pictures of the black haired green eyed boy and Annabeth's real boyfriend. (The one with brown hair and blue eyes) 

Annabeth's life is ruined.

                                                               ***

One thing Annabeth couldn't top me in is strategy. (That's cap) I plaster the posters in strategic places in  strategic ways while being strategically sneaky. The bathroom stalls,the water fountain at the back of the school, and in the elevator.(This is a prestigious boarding school,just imagine it has a elevator)

I am just finishing taping the poster in the elevator down when the door opens. I immediately stop what I'm doing, and the worst person who could enter the elevator does. 

Annabeth Chase taps the 2nd  floor where her dorm is. I know if I run out, she will see the poster anyway. So I maneuver around so the back of my head covers the poster from Annabeth's view. I think I'm safe until I feel it.

ACHOO!

The sneeze happens so quickly, and out of habit, I move my head so I can cover it with my elbow. Mistake. Annabeth notices the poster and reads it. Her jaw drops.

"Emma...did you...make that?" She asks, a cold look on her face.

"N-no, I didn't." I stutter, my hands shaking.

"Emma, below the comparison of my boyfriend and a random stock photo image of a boy, there is  the Meyer's Printing  logo in small letters. That's your dad. And only one person in this school has that advanced of a printer. You." Annabeth explains harshly.

The words smack me in the face. The brown haired blue eyed boy was a stock photo? Katrina lied? And how did Annabeth notice the logo? 

Anger boils inside me, but what happens is something I can't control. I cry.

"I hate it! I hate how you're so perfect! I hate how you always have a insane test score! I hate how you look so good! I hate how everybody likes you! I hate how you have a perfect boyfriend and perfect life!" The words spill out of me, and tears do too. I lean against the elevator wall, lost. I expect Annabeth to ridicule me, or get mad at me for making posters saying she was cheating, but she does neither.

"You're jealous. I understand that. There's been people I've been jealous of before and I know how it feels. You just can't let it control you. I don't forgive you, and I think what you did is really stupid, but I can relate. Just please take the other posters down if there are some." Annabeth says, and walks off.

This time, my draw drops.  I was  so mad at Annabeth, but for the first time I question why. Sure, she is better than me at most everything, but what's so wrong about that? These thoughts linger in my mind as I tap the first floor.

Not because that's where my dorm is, but because that's where the bathrooms and water fountain is. I have posters to take down. 

I decided to give Emma some character development, and have a kind of happy ending. Sorry if there wasn't a lot of Percabeth in this. 

PS.Royce Sampson part 2 coming soon!

Hope you enjoyed-

PandaDude