Brody Callahan

So I was just reading some other mortal meet stories, and I swear, fanfic writers come up with the weirdest names. Stuff like Bartholomew MacQuoid while I'm over here writing "Brody Callahan." (Warning:curse words ahead because this is the infamous Brody.)

"Yo Lucas." I say, and we bro hug.

"What up Brody." He says, pulling out his football (American football) and tossing it to me. "What happened in the game last night?" 

"Dude it sucks you missed it! (This whole paragraph is football vocab so you guys might not understand it if you don't understand football) It was 16-13, (Brody can't do math) down by 4 with 6 seconds to go in the 4th on their 38 yard line. I had George in the slot, running a post to the right outside. I knew he was going to be open by my amazing read so obviously I wanted to scramble right. But those pain in the asses blitzed 6 from the right. So I snapped the ball, scrambled left, and let the fucker fly. And let me tell you this much, I dropped a dime! Across my body, a 45 yard insane  dime! Right into his hands  to win the game! It was sick! And a cheerleader kissed me!" I state enthusiastically, throwing another dime to him. Since he was a kicker, of course he dropped it. 

"Woah! Which cheerleader? I wish I could've seen it! Sorry,I had to do homework." Lucas says sorrowfully, and I try not to be mad. He missed a important game because of homework? Maybe he wasn't the friend I thought he was. And our back up kicker missed a extra point.

"That's the thing. I don't know which cheerleader! It was just in the heat of the moment!" I say, and we laugh. 

I open up my locker, and shove my backpack and binder in it. It sucked we had to carry them around anyways. I am about to on with my day, and probably ignore Lucas a bit for being a horrible "friend" when I see his facial expression drastically change.

"Jackson's coming."

"Wait really?" I say, turning around. And Lucas is correct. In all his glory, Percy Jackson walks up the steps of Goode High, minding his own business. He still is a show off though.

"Hey Jackson." I shout, and he looks up,noninterested. 

"What Brody?" 

"Think fast!" I reply, and throw the ball at him. I was aiming for his head, but he didn't need to know that.

He looks up for a second, drops his binder, and catches it with ease.  I raise my eyebrows.

"So Jackson has some hands? What does he use him for, pulling out his girlfriends hair while they make out?" I taunt, and Lucas and I laugh.

"Rumor has it she's bald now." Lucas jokes, and I crack up. It's so hard to imagine that Annableach girl (or whatever her name is) being bald, but it's still really funny.

"Shut the hell up Brody. She would kick your-" 

"What? Ass? Was Percy Jackson about to say a no no  word? Did he finally grow up?" I laugh.

"Stop.It. I don't want to start something." Percy defends himself.

"Fine Jackson. The only reason I'm hesitant now is because we're on school property, and the teachers here are whack. But after school, you better watch your back. My fist isn't friendly." I threaten.

"What are you, a 4th grade bully? At least you could throw in some real threats in there instead of 'my fist isn't friendly.' Bye Brody." He says, and turns on his heel.

"Shit, he makes me mad. What do you think I should do?" I ask Lucas, but he has zoned out. He seems to be staring at Jessica Post as she walks in the other direction.

"Stop staring at her, and help me!" I shout, waving my hand in front of him.

"Oh sorry." Lucas says, but I'm already fuming.