Blades

The hum of the Argo 2 reverberated off the walls. It was mostly silent. Most people were asleep except for a select few. These select few just so happened to be Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase.

Percy jogged you the stairs to the main deck of the ship. He didn't really know why. It was 1:30AM, and he was bored. And he couldn't sleep. And he wanted to look at the stars again. 

He expected the deck to be soundless, but a slight metal hitting metal noise came from his left. He raised his eyebrows. Could it be Leo doing some late night machinery? Or Hazel practicing her swordsmanship? It was neither.

His girlfriend, Annabeth, sat at the far end of the ship, her back against the railing. She was sharpening her dragon bone sword with a small pocket knife. She looked up when she heard his footsteps.

"Oh, hey Percy." She said, still focused on the sword.

"Hi. Couldn't fall asleep. Didn't expect you to be out here." He responded, looking out into the sea.

"Couldn't fall asleep either. I want to sharpen this because it's kind of dull. It still amazes me how Riptide hasn't dulled despite its exposure and how many times you've used it." Annabeth said, looking at his pocket where his sword rested.

"Yeah. Probably part of the magic." He said, uncapping the blade. The sword shined in the moonlight, giving it a eerie glow. He smiled at her.

"Don't do that, you look really creepy." Annabeth told him, running the knife against her own blade one more time.

"Like you don't, Ms. Sharpening-Her-Deadly-Sword-At-1:30-In-The-Morning." Percy pointed out, and she considered it.

"I guess it is a little more deadly than yours." She grinned slyly.

"What? Riptide is better, and it's not even close." Percy defended his weapon.

"I've disarmed you plenty of times when you have it. It's not that good."

"Well I have too."

"Wait you've disarmed yourself?"

"That's not what I meant."

"But you said it."

Percy rolled his eyes, and sat down beside her. "You're impossible."

"You're entitled to your own opinion seaweed brain." 

Percy glared at her, and she kissed his cheek. "Love you."

"Love you too." He said grudgingly, slumping down in his seat.

"Cheer up Percy. We are so close to defeating Gaea.  Then can finish high school, go to New Rome, and relax." She said, grabbing his hand.

"I guess so. How are you so sure we will defeat Gaea though?" Percy asked, doubting it.

"I just have a feeling.  What can a million year old grandma do anyways?" Annabeth replied.

Percy laughed. "I'm not sure, but I think she can do a bit."

"Not as much as us." Annabeth stood her ground.

"I hope." Percy said, staring at the sky. 

"I know." Annabeth asserted.

Percy looked at her, his eyes shining. He leaned in, and she responded. Their lips were about to touch when the sound of footsteps echoed through the ship. No, not footsteps, hooves. They looked at each other, and the message was clear. Run.

As quietly as possible, the two broke their embrace, and sprinted to their respected rooms. No one knew what Coach Hedge would do if he saw them together  again, but neither of them wanted to find out.  

Their rooms were just across the hall so they were practically running together. The hooves grew closer as they ran faster. Both of them had just closed their doors as Coach Hedge turned the corner, looking for a midnight snack. He heard the door shuts and the sound of footsteps so obviously he went to investigate. 

He opened Piper's door, which was next to Annabeth's, seeing if she was the culprit. Sound asleep. Then Annabeth's. She was sleeping at the wrong side of the bed, but she also looked asleep.  Maybe she decided she wanted to do something different that night. Hedge let it slide.

Now he checked Percy's door. As he turned the doorknob, he heard ruffling in the sheets. Aha! Percy's lights were off, but he definitely wasn't asleep. Coach Hedge's words could be heard through the entire ship.

"JACKSON!" 

I have no idea what to title this chapter so I just went with blades

Hope you enjoyed-

PandaDude